Job ID: GA-58831 (95290812)
Onsite/Local Communications Officer with copyediting, Constant Contact, video/photography, website content management, Transcribing experience
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 12 months
– Expert-level copyediting and proofreading skills
– Ability to quickly produce high quality, audience-specific written content
– Advanced knowledge of Google apps, Microsoft Office Suite
– Email marketing (Constant Contact) and list management experience
– Working knowledge of social media, video/photography, website content management and all other components of a full-service communications department
– Transcribing experience preferred
– Organized with a keen attention to detail
– Excellent customer service skills
– Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
– Comfortable in a deadline-driven environment
– Ability to effectively interact with all members of the communications team and the organization
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related field (or equivalent experience) required.
Certification/License: Valid driver’s license and availability of private transportation, or the ability to attend off-site events.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Email marketing (Constant Contact) and list management experience; working knowledge of social media, video/photography, website content management and all other components of a full-service communications department; advanced knowledge of Google apps, Microsoft Office Suite
The Communications Officer (Editorial) supports districtwide strategic communications efforts by identifying, planning, and generating news and feature story content for Atlanta Public Schools. The incumbent works closely with the video production, design, and social media teams; APS event planners; and vendors to produce clear, engaging content about APS for all audiences.
Working closely with school-level communication ambassadors, school and cluster administrators, and other key personnel across administrative departments, the incumbent is responsible for identifying and preparing messages as well as ideating and serving as a consultative thought-partner to help meet the communication needs of internal stakeholders.
The incumbent will be expected to write blogs, video scripts, web copy, pitches, feature stories, social media posts, informational bulletins, speeches, press releases, and a variety of other internal and external communications. The ability to quickly transform copy from overly wordy and drab/clinical to concise and compelling is paramount in this role.
The ideal candidate is organized with a keen attention to detail, is creative and flexible, can work effectively under tight deadlines, and is comfortable working independently or as part of a team