Job ID: NC-693565 (95590929)
Hybrid VMWare/Network/Windows Admin with Cisco, Dell/EMC, VXRail, PowerShell experience
Location: Raleigh NC DST
VMware Virtualization administration Required 5 Years
Cisco infrastructure administration (switching and routing) emphasis on Nexus and Catalyst equipment Required 5 Years
Dell/EMC Storage arrays emphasis on VNX, Unity, and VXRail deployments Highly desired 3 Years
Experience managing layer II and layer III networks. Required 5 Years
Experience with PowerShell. Required 3 Years
NCDST needs an individual that can operate at an expert level with VMware virtualization environments, mid to high-end Cisco networking, and Dell/EMC Unity, VNX, and VXRail storage.
**This is a hybrid position. The team is working onsite four day a week with one day a week remote. They also have one additional floating remote day a month.
This position will:
• Provide advanced technical work in supporting and implementing supported infrastructure technologies.
• Provide consultation, and/or training to team members and other staff regarding supported infrastructure technologies.
• Supported infrastructure technologies include: Microsoft Active Directory, server hardware/software, network hardware/software, storage hardware/networking, helpdesk, virtual environments, email encryption/retention, Microsoft clustering/load balancing, and disaster recovery for the Department of State Treasurer (DST).
• Plan and manage resources and scheduling for small projects.
• Assist management in strategic IT planning, and participate in applications development, and system and network design and integration.
• Effectively support clients and provide technical guidance to technicians and analysts.
• Interact with a broad range of clients and/or technology support employees requiring very strong communication skills and ability to use a wide range of technical resources for providing technical support to clients.
• Experience managing layer II and layer III networks.
• Experience with Cisco networking, supporting and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks, experience managing Microsoft Active Directory.
• Experience with configuring and managing Microsoft clustering and network load balancing.
• Experience with VMware and proficiency in supporting Windows operating systems.
• Experience with PowerShell.
• Experience with storage and SAN technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
• Ability to lead and manage technical projects of varying scale under minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate initiative in solving unexpected problems associated with projects and daily work.
• Ability to research and implement appropriate new technologies.
• This position requires an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of technologies, substantive and methodological expertise pertinent to enterprise systems management.
• Very strong communication skills and ability to use a wide range of technical resources to communicate solutions to technicians, analysts, other specialists, and other affected personnel to aid their future problem-solving ability.
• Ability to integrate knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments and problems of moderate to high complexity.