Job ID: MI-109422 (99090928)
Hybrid UI/UX Developer/Designer with Figma/Sketch, a/b testing, accessibility and information architecture experience
Location: Lansing MI (DTMB)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Remote or On-site: Candidates MUST be local. Will need to be onsite starting day 1 for hybrid work schedule. NO REMOTE ONLY OPTION.
Candidate Docs: RTR/Resume/Hybrid work attestation (manual with ink or docusign etc.)
Vendor docs: Cover Sheet/1 Level Subvendor formstack form (using the link provided by the client)
– Experience with wireframing and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, or equivalent)
– Experience with design systems and reusable components
– Experience leading user workshops and facilitating sessions
– Experience with quantitative results-driven design techniques such as a/b testing
– Familiarity with accessibility standards and best practices
– Experience with information architecture
The UI/UX Analyst is responsible for establishing the overall application look and feel as well as designing, communicating, and executing all user interface screens for each business requirement. The UI/UX Analyst directs the overall user experience for interacting with the delivered product. This role works closely with the Business Analyst and Technical Lead in the delivery of solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements.
• Works directly with project team including business analysts, business owners, solution architects, tech leads, developers, and QA to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, scalability, and usability of the IT solution.
• Works in conjunction with the Business Analyst to examine existing business processes and systems to develop a full representation of the system’s interface design and usability by the business.
• Participates in all requirement gathering meetings, Joint Application Modeling (JAM) sessions, and/or brainstorm sessions with business owners to identify product usability concerns and desires.
• Examine and analyze current user(s) flow and process, pain points, and desires from a usability and visual standpoint to deliver proper solutions.
• Leads the overall visual design and usability of the product. Provides expertise and leads the project team through applicable design patterns, screen layout decisions, and usability testing.
• Serves as an advocate for the end user of the product, consistently working to improve the overall design and usability of the delivered product, as the budget allows.
• Creates sketches, wireframes, and mockups of user interface screens according to the requirements/user stories that adhere to SOM Look & Feel Standards as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. Creates high-fidelity functioning prototypes when applicable/feasible.
• Reviews wireframes with the Business Analyst for business requirements and with Technical Lead for technical feasibility before presenting wireframe solutions to the business.
• Provides guidance to the development team regarding UI/UX best practices, established coding standards, and ADA vulnerability remediation.
• Ensures conformance to the State of Michigan (SOM) Look & Feel Standards.
• Performs usability testing to ensure conformance with UI/UX best practices.
• Performs accessibility testing to ensure conformance to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements.
• Creates and facilitates usability tests with the intended users of the product and iterates screen designs accordingly.
• Actively advises developers on accessibility requirements and vulnerability remediation.
• Serve as liaison to DTMB Center for Shared Solutions (CSS) eMichigan team.