Request ID: BL-9546-1 (910591028)
SC State SAP Program Manager (CPM/CGFO) with Finance/HR/strategic planning, statistical analysis and state accountability reporting requirements experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12+ Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
INTERVIEW PROCESS: 1, 2, possibly 3 interviews via phone and/or video.
Remote Work Availability: 0%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience with strategic planning and with developing and establishing performance metrics and Key Performance Indicators
• Experience with SAP SCEIS state enterprise system
• Demonstrate knowledge/skills of the Business Administrative functions of Finance, HR, strategic planning, related statistical analysis and reporting.
• Ability to deal effectively with the needs of business users and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form
• Customer Focused
• Liaison skills
• Leadership skills
• Meeting Facilitation
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
• Experience with MS Office software especially EXCEL and WORD.
• Experience and expertise in gathering and analyzing business workflow processes.
• Knowledge of State Accountability Reporting Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or relevant business area. Must have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in business or government agency experience.
Work experience is acceptable in lieu of degree – 10 years of work experience needed.
Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Government experience Yes 1
Miscellaneous Leadership skills Yes 3 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications Microsoft Office Suite Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications SAP Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Under limited supervision reports to the Deputy Director, Administrative Services and serves as an Enterprise Program Manager – project Lead responsible for analyzing the business needs of Department clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose solutions. Individual will be performing a liaison function between the business side and the technical side of the Agency involving our agency strategic plan, strategic project initiatives, performance metrics and business users’ needs for supporting software solutions. Consultant will work with existing software applications at the agency to build out a comprehensive reporting resource.
The Department Enterprise Program Manager plays a critical role in the analysis of the business needs of agency divisions, and the effective design of reports, dashboards, outcome measurements. The consultant must be able to function easily on every level of the agency and with the Executive Director, and will lead the project work of employee(s) who may be assigned to the project.
Typical deliverables would be business requirements constituting a specification of what the business requires in a comprehensive reporting software to produce reports and dashboards built to specifications. Design of reports, charts, dashboards, strategic outcome metrics, and providing advice and guidance to agency executive team regarding assigned strategic initiative projects.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Effectively interact and communicate with agency management at all levels
Displays initiative, drive, motivation, and enthusiasm about work projects
Establish rapport with management to foster effective communications
Interview and inquire to gather relevant data
Proactively seek to identify, communicate, and implement process improvements
Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide
periodic status updates to key internal stakeholders
Collaborate extensively with management to establish agency performance metrics for strategic plan initiatives and other metrics for measuring and monitoring workloads.
Good interpersonal communication skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to
requests by Executive leadership team.
1. Work with Agency director, Deputy Directors, and department managers to consolidate Key Agency Metrics for reporting.
2. Ensure data posted to central location is timely and accurate
3. Serve as liaison with technology developers and data owners to reconcile data discrepancies.
4. Analyzes and evaluates existing strategic plans, supporting systems, operations, procedures, and documents to develop improvements in performance accountability reporting and metrics. Provides relevant information and recommendations for management decisions.
5. Conducts special projects recommending program enhancements, process improvements, and procedural changes which affect the agency. Studies include analytical reviews, management surveys; business user needs analyses, and compliance assessments. Position will specialize leading the business analysis to support agency level projects, the agency strategic plan and related performance metrics, dashboard reporting, and required external reporting.
6. Provides advice, guidance and recommendations for solutions to Department leadership team and resolves problems independently or as a member of a project team. Assists or works independently in evaluation of productivity levels and development of agency performance goals and quality improvements.
7. Prepares correspondence, various types of reports, and statistical data.
8. Responsible to mentor and knowledge transfer to key employees.
9. Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers.
10. Performs related duties as required.