Job ID: NC-684268 (98090601)
Remote Power Apps Developer with Portal/Automate/Dataverse, MS Access, experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDST)
Duration: 9 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
***This position is remote. However, at the request of management, the candidate may be required to come into the office during this engagement for a limited time period at the candidate’s expense. ***
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Experience designing and developing within the Microsoft Power Platform (Apps, Portal, Automate, Dataverse) Required 3 Years
Experience with data architecture to to meet the Plan’s strategic consolidation of external applications and implemented Power Apps into Dataverse Required 2 Years
Experience with data integration from Access into Power Platform applications Required 2 Years
Creating, documenting and managing testing documentation, methodologies, tools and techniques Required 3 Years
Experience with setting up Power Platform system settings (Security, Data Management, Auditing) possibly through Dynamics 365 Required 2 Years
Program management of complex critical application Required 3 Years
Experience with development best practices and methodologies to evaluate, diagnose, and develop applications for optimal systems performance Required 3 Years
Bachelor’s degree or higher required in MIS/CIS, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience Highly desired
Microsoft Power Apps certification Highly desired
The SHP Power Platform developer will provide immediate application development and system administration/configuration support for Power Apps and an external-facing Microsoft Power Portal for users and develop the tables, forms, backend logic, data integration, custom web pages, and security associated with these.
• Analyze current Power Platform Applications and authenticated Portal for efficiencies/documentation completeness and document any gaps
• Advanced experience of data integration from Access into Power Platform
• Develop custom Canvas and/or Model Driven apps through:
• integrate user experience designs provided by the Plan.
• incorporate Entity Forms, Entity Lists and Web Templates.
• align with custom CDS/Dataverse tables and premium connections to support data, security and logic
• setting up different security requirements using Security Roles, Web Roles and Permissions to support
• ability to develop and ensure all solutions and package components and configurations migrate properly
between new/established environments.
• setup automation flows to support data integration, migration and alert – success/failures.
• Writing data analysis, data access, data structure, data manipulation, databases, design, programming,
testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversions, maintenance
(including production operations support).
• Analyze business requirements by collaborating with the stakeholders and IT Management, studying
systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
• Perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and
deploy software solutions.
• Complete timely, work items and document project deliverables, and test completed deliverables to ensure
effective deployment and usability.
• Utilize problem solving skills to understand client pain points and troubleshoot as challenges arise.
• Ability to create user dashboards and reports from the Power Platform Dataverse/CDS and other connections
• Maintaining effective working relationships with end users and other internal/external staff for non-
* Experience with PowerApps to meet the Plan’s strategic consolidation of Access databases
* Well-versed in documenting and managing testing documentation, methodologies, tools and techniques
* Program management of complex critical application
* Experience with development best practices and methodologies to evaluate, diagnose, and develop
applications for optimal systems performance
* Proven ability to use Dynamics 365 to configure Power Platform for security roles and business units
* Able to work without assistance; can provide leadership to others; able to manage complex work efforts; may
have advanced education; may have deep industry experience.
* Bachelor’s degree or higher required in MIS/CIS, computer science, or related field or equivalent experience
* Microsoft Power Apps certification