Request ID: BL-10565-1 (912690927)
Onsite AWS Developer (certified) with Java, SQL, Python, CI/CD, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, Python, Agile/Scrum/Kanban, EDI, Medicaid/Social Services/MMIS/HIT experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 2 years of experience with core AWS services
• 2 years of experience in production support
• 3 years of experience writing SQL and Python scripts
• 3 years of experience maintaining CI/CD pipeline
• 5 years of experience with software development life cycle
• Excellent understanding of design patterns, object construction and application architecture strategies
• Knowledge of network and security concepts
• Knowledge of work management software such as Jira, Confluence and SharePoint
• Motivated, self-starter, must show initiative and desire to learn business and technology subjects
• Ability to own tasks and deliver work with minimal supervision
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 2 years of experience in system integration
• 2 years of experience with Performance tuning using python and java scripting.
• 2 years of experience working within Agile frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban
• 1 year of experience working with EDI and positional flat files
• 1 year of experience in Medicaid, Social Services, or similar public benefit programs
• 1 year of experience in Medicaid Management Information Systems or other Health Information Technologies
• Ability to coordinate and manage demands of multiple vendors
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
2 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education
• AWS certification
Database Platforms MS SharePoint Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Database Platforms Performance Tuning No 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Development Tools SQL Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Education Bachelor’s Degree Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Confluence Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Program Management Agile/Scrum Methodology No 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages Java Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Programming Languages Python Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Software Framwork JIRA framework Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 6 + Years
Software Framwork Software development life cycle (SDLC) Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Network Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Security Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties EDI No 1 Expert Currently Using 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Medicaid or healthcare experience No 1 Expert Currently Using 1 – 2 Years
Remote Work Availability: 25%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (RMMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the State of South Carolina. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State’s aging MMIS and related applications with more modern capabilities along with corresponding business operations services.
The Senior Production Support Engineer will support the Medicaid Enterprise System (MES) with release activities, code migration, production incident management, building break-fixes, and supporting UAT team with their testing efforts. This position requires deep knowledge and experience with AWS tools, capabilities and resources, with an understanding of both on-premises and cloud-based infrastructure resources.
In this role, you will work with developers, testers, product owners, release management, and other team members with varying levels of technical expertise. It is essential that you possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. You must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently and proactively with little to no supervision.
Daily Duties / Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with developers, DevOps and database team to perform code configuration changes and deploy code in various environments.
• Support UAT team with their testing efforts, build bug fixes and attend development team scrum ceremonies to build understand of products being developed.
• Work with release management to document deployment steps and perform release activities.
• Monitor production and report incident per the service level agreement.
• Troubleshoot issues, conduct root cause analysis, recommend changes, collaborate with others to develop and test the break-fix.
• Perform daily maintenance tasks and identify opportunities to automate wherever possible.
• Maintain relationships with trading partners, execute scheduled transfer events per the SLA and on demand basis.
A qualified candidate to interview for this position is able to articulate issues and solutions in both technical and business language. Candidate should have extensive experience working with software development team, deployment tools, and supporting the technical infrastructure for production operations. A thorough knowledge of AWS tools, services, and the ability to work in an Agile team environment is required.