Job ID: NC-699799 (910590123)
Hybrid Tableau/PowerBI Developer with Data Warehouse, Excel Macros, and data management experience
Location: Raleigh, NC NCDHHS
Duration: 12 months
Experience managing complex solution releases and supervising technical staff supporting solution development and implementation Required 8 Years
In-depth understanding of data warehouse structures and relational databases Required 5 Years
Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Required 5 Years
Extensive experience working with Excel Macros including writing programs not just knowledge of simple Macros commands. Required 3 Years
Experience in Business Intelligence software development and maintenance Required 5 Years
Tableau Server and/or PowerBI administration experience in an enterprise environment Required 5 Years
Expert knowledge of and experience in Tableau development, practices, techniques, and standards. Required 3 Years
Knowledge of and experience in PowerBI development, practices, techniques, and standards. Desired 3 Years
Expert knowledge of data management Required 5 Years
The NCDHHS Data Office is seeking a Senior Analytics & Data Visualization Solutions Lead.
The NCDHHS Information Technology Division is seeking a Senior Analytics & Data Visualization Solutions Lead to work on behalf of the NCDHHS Data Office to manage all technical aspects of new data visualization, analytics solutions, and data source development, as well as operations and maintenance of existing data visualization and analytics processes. The NCDHHS Data Office is accountable for overall data strategy, quality, integrity, security, and governance across the NCDHHS COVID-19 response and NCDHHS programs. NCDHHS delivers a range of data visualization, reporting, and analytics solutions for the state of North Carolina. Data drives North Carolina’s COVID-19 response, as well as other strategic priorities that support whole-person health and meeting the physical, mental, and social health needs of North Carolina residents. NCDHHS has been nationally recognized for its data visualizations and use of transparent data to drive North Carolina’s COVID-19 response.
The candidate will primarily lead work of the Data Office Dashboard Team, coordinating across business, IT, and data teams to manage all technical aspects of the team’s work, in collaboration with the Data Office Director, NCDHHS Technical Lead, Senior Tableau Dashboard Team Lead, and Project Manager. This role will work with a range of stakeholders, including developers, data architects, business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and end-users. The candidate will have regular interactions with business, IT, and data stakeholder groups.
• In-depth understanding of data warehouse structures and relational databases
• Experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Extensive experience working with Excel Macros including writing programs not just knowledge of simple Macros commands
• Implements team priorities by managing technical aspects of solution releases, changes to existing solutions, and processes/development to create data visualizations, reports, and analytics solutions
• Collaborates with other team members and technical teams to develop new automation, analytics, and application capabilities
• Evaluates appropriate tools and resources to accurately and efficiently transform and process data for use in data visualizations, reports, and analytics
• Supervises Dashboard Developers, providing guidance on dashboard development and ensuring development stays on schedule for new releases
• Coordinates schedule of weekly dashboard publishing processes and oversees overall publishing processes, supporting team members to address issues that arise during dashboard preparation, validation, and publishing
• Supports issue resolution, error tracking, and related documentation
• Develops key documentation of solution development, deployment, and operations and maintenance processes
• Supports requirements gathering and documentation for new development in collaboration with team leads and Project Manager
• Coordinates changes to team’s workflow as new dashboard development is completed
• Responsible for developing and executing data validation and testing plans to ensure data sources, dashboards, and analytics are accurate and up-to-date
• Coordinates User Acceptance Testing in collaboration with team leads
• Supports user experience efforts to improve usability of solutions for end users
• 8 years of experience managing complex solution releases and supervising technical staff who support solution development and implementation
• 5 years of in-depth understanding of data warehouse structures and relational databases
• 5 years of experience with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• 1-3 years of extensive experience working with Excel Macros including writing programs not just knowledge of simple Macros commands.
• 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence software development and maintenance
• 1-3 years of Tableau Server and/or PowerBI administration experience in an enterprise environment
• 1-3 years expert knowledge of and experience in Tableau development, practices, techniques, and standards.
• 1-3 years of knowledge of and experience in PowerBI development, practices, techniques, and standards.
• 1-3 years of expert knowledge of data management
• 1-3 years of programming experience in SQL, SAS, etc.
• 1-3 years of highly detail-oriented with excellent communication skills (written and verbal), problem-solving abilities, and strength in understanding and analyzing requirements to deliver solutions within the data visualization and analytics platforms/applications.
• Must have data modeling experience including best practices and impact analysis.
• Knowledge of Data Warehousing, data modeling, the development of data visualization, analytics, and report design concepts.
• Experience in data mining, structuring, and analyzing information
• Experience with installation, configuration and support of data visualization and analytics applications and associated client products.
• Expertise in dashboard and report development and administration using Tableau and/or PowerBI.
• Strong ability to interface and communicate effectively with business representatives.
• Ability to directly interact with key internal customers effectively.