Job ID: VA-693764 (97690930)
Location: Richmond NSU
Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field and four years of industry experience. Required 4 Years
Software capabilities should include SQL Server, GitLab, Visual Studio, and IDEs such as Eclipse or similar software. Required 4 Years
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing; comprehend and follow detailed instructions. Required 4 Years
WordPress, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility, .NET (C#) and API knowledge may be useful. Highly desired 2 Years
Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related field with two years of industry experience. Highly desired 2 Years
NSU – Web Application Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining web applications using current web technologies.
ON SITE required 3 days / week – Required
Important To Note:
IF SELECTED, in addition to the compliance items required in Vector, NSU runs a separate criminal background check that goes back to the age of 18 yrs that your candidate must also pass. Any felonies that appear on their record, from the age of 18 forward, will result in removing them immediately from consideration. No exceptions! NSU check is IN ADDITION to what is required in Vector. Pls make sure you are sharing this informatiion before you submit them to avoid time wasted.
ALSO: Parking is NOT provided for contractors and there is a cost they will incur if selected.You (as their vendor) can choose to assist with this cost. If selected for IV, Mgr will discuss parking rates (there are monthly/quarterly options). See details under Questions for more details re cost.
LASTLY: Holiday Breaks: Days where the University is closed and contractor will not be able to work/enter hours. The University will be closed on the following days: Nov 23, 2022 half-day ; Nov. 24-25 2022 ; Dec. 23-29 2022 ; Jan. 2, 2023; Jan. 16, 2023. Pls share with your candidate.
Conversion Salary: Commensurate with experience and performance but range is between $80K – $90K with full state benefits.
About the Role/Day to Day
Duties and responsibilities:
* Write custom code and rebrand existing websites and applications.
* Design and recommend improvements to new and existing features.
* Assist in troubleshooting issues on web-based systems.
* Test and give feedback on new and existing technologies.
* Create and maintain software documentation.
* Monitor web applications to provide health of the application.
* Take the initiative to find answers independently.
* Must be dependable (attendance and punctuality) and manages time effectively and efficiently.
* Follows established safety practices or corrects unsafe practices on the job.
* Weekly meetings with the staff to identify goals and progress.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Web Applications Manager or Director of Enterprise
* Candidates will be working with Hyland Onbase DMS, TDX by Team Dynamics, PowerApps and
SharePoint to create automated workflows. Workflows at times may need to interface with the University
ERP, independent/silo-ed databases, or with each other.
* Contract to hire must be eligible for hire after 6 months.