Job ID: VA-706737 (98090323)
Hybrid/Local Business Analyst with OCM, Data Mining, FDM, rules, Use Cases, activity diagrams, Wireframes, COTS, Cloud, BPR, testing, UML, security, and law enforcement/military experience
Location: Richmond, VA VSP
Duration: 12 Months
Interview: In-Person Only
Hybrid – Candidate must be able to work ON-SITE at least 3 days/week and interview ON-SITE. LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Proven ability to lead the overall review, analysis and evaluation of current business systems, processes and evaluates new user requirements Required 10 Years
Proven ability to review, analyze and evaluate user/system needs Required 10 Years
Proven ability to perform gap analysis on existing state of requirements in conjunction with current business needs Required 10 Years
Proficient in Organizational Change Management Required 10 Years
Elicit requirements using various elicitation techniques such as Brainstorming, Data Mining, Document Analysis, and Interviews with users Required 10 Years
Facilitate risk analysis to produce requirement artifacts such as Field Definition Matrix, Business Rules, Interface requirements, and Use Cases Required 10 Years
Facilitate risk analysis to produce requirement artifacts such as activity diagrams and Wireframes. Required 10 Years
Experience implementing Commercial-Off-The-Shelf packages as a stand-alone on premise application group or as a full/hybrid Cloud based implementation Required 10 Years
Produce requirement related artifacts such as test cases, requirements traceability matrix, business rules, interface requirements, use cases Required 10 Years
Produce requirement related artifacts such as activity diagrams, exception based error validation and role based system profiles Required 10 Years
Produce requirement related artifacts such as security access and user profile management Required 10 Years
Ability to work collaboratively with various groups within the IT, business units and vendors to produce fully functional requirement definitions Required 10 Years
Ability to analyze functional/nonfunctional system requirements Required 10 Years
Ability to re-engineer and clearly define business processes for the new application. Required 10 Years
Ability to identify how the new application and business processes will integrate with or replace existing business processes Required 10 Years
Ability to lead all final user acceptance efforts with business stakeholders in partnership with the quality assurance resources Required 10 Years
Ability to define roles and access rights needed for the new application Required 10 Years
Ability to provide training in the new solution Required 10 Years
Possess strong organization, administrative, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills Required 10 Years
Self-motivated and able to develop rapport and positive working relationships with coworkers and the agency at large. Required 10 Years
Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with internal customers in nontechnical terms Required 10 Years
Proficient with Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, TEAMS, Visio, PowerPoint) Required 10 Years
Proficient in creating business and system requirements for on premise and Web/Cloud based systems Required 10 Years
The Virginia State Police (VSP) is procuring a SaaS solution for criminal and civil fingerprint capture and processing. Fingerprints are used to uniquely identify persons arrested and convicted of crimes. Fingerprints are also used for job applicant background checks to determine if the applicant has been arrested or convicted of a crime. VSP is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to assist with the selection of a Software As A Service (SaaS) supplier and to help VSP and the supplier to implement a statewide SaaS livescan solution.
Duties include the following:
– Assist VSP to evaluate solution proposals submitted by industry leaders.
– Work with VSP and the supplier to improve livescan processes.
– Coordinate work with the VSP and supplier project managers.
– Partner with the livescan product owners to work with the supplier on a daily basis.
– Lead research and analysis related to requirements development and refinement.
– Coordinate the development of interfaces with VSP interface partners.
– Coordinate system testing, training and implementation.
– Coordinate livescan client installations.
To perform the duties above, the Senior Business Systems Analyst will:
– Lead the review, analysis and evaluation of current business systems, processes and helps VSP to identify opportunities for improvement.
– Elicit requirements using various elicitation techniques such as brainstorming, data mining, document analysis and interviews with users.
– Produce requirement artifacts such as field definition matrix, business rules, interface requirements and activity diagrams.
– Perform gap analyses to assess the ability of the supplier’s solution to meet VSP requirements and business needs.
– Contribute to and drive a collaborative effort to support organizational change management.
– Identify, document and help VSP manage project risks.
– Develop a requirements traceability matrix, business rules, interface requirements, test cases, activity diagrams, exception based error validations, user role based system profiles, security accesses and user profile management.
– Work collaboratively with various groups within the IT department, business units and prospective vendors to ensure functional requirement definitions are vetted and documented.
– Re-engineer and clearly define business processes for the new application.
– Identify how the new application and business processes will integrate with or replace existing business processes.
– Participate in the creation and subsequent reviews of project test plans with team members and business owners.
– Lead all final user acceptance efforts with business stakeholders.
– Define roles and access rights needed for the new application.
– Represent VSP’s interests with prospective vendors and collaborate with them in order to meet the needs of the project and VSP’s business representatives.
– Provide training in the new solution.