Job ID: VA-689300 (99990816)
Hybrid Lead BA with QA, UAT, RFP/SOW, and JAD experience
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
3 days/week ON SITE required from Day 1
Parking is provided at no cost to contractors
Team or Project Lead Experience Required 5 Years
Experience with implementing team process and procedure changes Required 5 Years
Team leadership skills such as ability to delegate; decision making; mediator; self accountability Required 5 Years
Full SDLC experience including supporting QA and UAT needs Required 8 Years
Excellent problem solving and technical troubleshooting capabilities Required 8 Years
Develops clear and effective business and system documentation (process flows, data mapping, RFPs, SOWs, business requirements, etc) Required 8 Years
Experience with and proven knowledge of Web Application concepts Required 8 Years
Effectively facilitate meetings and requirements gathering sessions (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.) Required 8 Years
Effectively peer reviews BSA deliverables Required 5 Years
The primary job function of the Team Lead Business Systems Analysis (BSA Team Lead), an expert level position, is to be responsible for leading a team of BSA’s which interact directly with management and users to analyze, specify, implement, and troubleshoot issues with business applications. This position will partner with the Business Systems Analysis Supervisor to coach, mentor, and direct the work products for the team.
In addition to team lead responsibilities, the resource may also serve as a Senior or Lead Business Systems Analyst on Projects and Initiatives or as a Project Coordinator to facilitate and manage small to medium-sized IT projects and initiatives.
• Provides guidance to members of BSA team, both employees and contractors, in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures for Project Management.
• Empowers employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
• Assists staff in prioritizing work assignments to ensure the highest priority items get completed first, based upon authority priority and overall impact.
• Provides performance feedback and input to the BSA Supervisor to address employee development goals and to address skill gaps or performance issues
• Maintains transparent communication. Appropriately communicates information through one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
• Coaches and mentors staff as directed by the BSA Supervisor
• Monitors deliverables and BSA activities on major projects and provides assistance as needed to address impediments
• Assists the BSA Supervisor with staff allocation and assignment
• Assists the BSA Supervisor with implementing team process and procedure changes
• Conducts peer reviews of BSA deliverables
• Assists the BSA supervisor in ensuring that team processes and procedures are followed
• Performs stakeholder, business, and systems impact analysis for proposed projects
• Serves as a liaison between the business sponsor of a proposed project and IT resource managers to obtain resource estimates for proposed projects
• Conducts research to identify potential business and/or technical solutions for proposed projects
• Ensures that downstream and partnering resources clearly understand the business vision for the technical solution
• Conducts gap analysis to identify differences between the current and to-be states of business processes and system functionality.
• Analyzes data to determine the root cause of business problems and/or identify trends or opportunities for process improvements.
• Partners with technical and business resources to assist in identifying the root cause of system-related defects.
• Makes recommendations for the logical design of system enhancements.
• Identifies and make recommendations on business process and functional system improvements.
• Effectively use various elicitation techniques (JAD sessions, interviews, surveys, shadowing, etc.) to ensure that the true business need and intent is understood and well documented. (RFPs, SOWs, business requirements, business processes, flows, etc)
• Gather integration requirements for data to include identification and assessment of data sources and creation of source/target mappings.
• Elicits and documents business requirements, business processes and workflows.
• Formulates and documents well-formed user stories with detailed acceptance criteria.