Job ID: NC-686220 (96090809)
Hybrid Infrastructure PM (PMP) with networking, Agile and vendor management experience
Location: Greensboro, NC NC A&T SU
Duration: 30-60 Months
***This is a hybrid position based in Greensboro, NC. The candidate will need to be onsite regularly.
Ability to lead and provide oversight for a medium, complex project or multiple small projects Required 3 Years
Experience with facilitating project meetings; tracking timelines, schedules, and deliverables as needed Required 3 Years
Ability to provide PM leadership on lower level to medium complexity projects and to facilitate team involvement in resolving difficult tech issues Required 3 Years
knowledge of IT infra and networking, particularly relevant systems, applications, and platforms, as well as enterprise operations and strategies Required 3 Years
Knowledge of and ability to apply project management best practices Required 3 Years
PMP Certification Highly desired
Experience using Agile methodology Highly desired
Working knowledge of vendor management Highly desired
Technology Infrastructure Project Manager I
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University (NC A&T) seeks a project manager to work with technical staff and leaders to manage projects focusing primarily on the implementation of a new infrastructure architecture and associated technological improvements.
The successful candidate will possess a broad background in technology infrastructure and cybersecurity, strong planning and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The project manager will work with network, server, endpoint, and security staff and technology leadership to develop and implement project plans, coordinate and monitor activities, document and report implementation status, respond to requests for information and assistance, and address related tasks as needed. The project manager may be called on to assist technical staff on occasion. The project manager must be available to work on campus in Greensboro, NC for extended periods of time. This is a full-time, short-term, non-supervisory, temporary position reporting to the Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer and has an expected contract of six-to-nine months.
· Project Management and Oversight (30%): Work with the project team and collaborators to determine and understand the scope and needs of projects; create timelines and work plans; review materials and documentation as shared by other members of the project team toward making project resourcing recommendations; plan and prioritize project activities and deliverables; liaise with other departments and teams toward reaching project objectives. Troubleshoot, adjust priorities and address organizational challenges to maximize collaboration and timely product delivery.
· Planning and Coordination (30%): Plan, execute, and finalize projects according to deadlines under the supervision of CIO. This includes coordinating the efforts of project team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Drive consensus, timely execution of project activities, and achievement of project objectives. Make recommendations for improving team processes. Help ensure project success through creative problem-solving, obstacle removal, facilitation, and communication.
· Communication (20%): Communicate relevant project information, such as progress status and issues to the CIO, project team, and relevant stakeholders. Facilitate and ensure appropriate involvement and communication between individuals and teams as dictated by project demand.
· Documentation (20%): Facilitate project meetings; track timelines, schedules, and deliverables as needed; monitor project progress; prepare and present project organization and communication documentation, including project plans, agreements and related information. Maintain detailed record of project activities; report on progress as dictated by project demand and make recommendations on current and future course of action; proactively identify and manage issues and risks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to lead and provide oversight for a medium, complex project or multiple small projects, including experience providing regular day-to-day planning and organizing the workplan of project team members.
• Experience with facilitating project meetings; tracking timelines, schedules, and deliverables as needed; monitoring project progress; and communicating relevant project information to project team members and stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to provide project management leadership on lower level to medium complexity projects and to facilitate team involvement in resolving difficult technical issues.
• Knowledge and experience working with project management methodologies.
• Working knowledge of IT infrastructure and networking, particularly relevant systems, applications, and platforms, as well as enterprise operations and strategies.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply project management best practices.
• PMP Certification
• Experience using Agile methodology
• Working knowledge of project-related risk management, resource management, solutions development, and budget and financial management.
• Working knowledge of vendor management.
• Demonstrated ability to provide consultation to the project team, sponsors, and other stakeholders on the strategies for moving the project forward.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related IT field, business administration, project management or closely related degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in IT project management or technical project management related work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.