Job ID: MI-107902 (98090817)10A
Hybrid BA (16+) with BPR, financial analysis, DW, BI, RFP/SOW, Agile, IT infrastructure, and state/federal regulations experience
Location: Lansing, MI DTMB
Duration: 12 months
Remote or On-site: Local candidates preferred, this person MUST be able to work onsite in Lansing, MI two days a week starting day 1. NO remote only option.
Top Skills & Years of Experience:
Candidates must have a minimum of 16 years of general BA experience.
Currently this is a hybrid work schedule which includes remote work. The candidate will report to a
Lansing, MI job location, currently twice per week.
Business Analyst Position General Description:
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to
parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and
identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more
effective. Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies),
business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and
financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user
needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
• Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting and data
warehouse work. Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements.
Develops RFPs. Assist in deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and
platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data
warehousing requirements and propose solutions. Document and provide knowledge transfer to
the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Has knowledge of commonly
used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Familiar with relational
database concepts, and client-server concepts. Works under general supervision; typically
reports to a project manager. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Minimum of 7 years conducting business process review and requirements elicitation and
• Minimum of 5 years being the liaison between technical teams and the project stakeholders
• Minimum of 5 years developing and/or managing user stories on Agile development project(s)
• Minimum of 3 years developing strategy and/or project roadmap documents
• Minimum of 2 years working directly with senior management in facilitating discussions to
determine strategy, develop road maps and/or gain consensus to resolve opposing positions
• Minimum of 2 years supporting the development of or compliance to statement of work and/or
other work agreements/contracts
• Minimum of 2 years working on projects developing/implementing IT solutions for public use
• Minimum of 1 year working on IT infrastructure projects
• Minimum of 1 year working with programs governed by state and/or federal regulations.
Customer service and being a champion to ease Agency compliance with DTMB policies and practices
are key performance expectations for this person. Some responsibilities include attending BA and
project meetings, being able to confidently speak to current activities, listening to understand needs,
and helping to provide input that assists in meeting objectives. In addition, related work will include
ongoing analysis of original requirements/user stories in comparison to needs identified in discovery
sessions and/or UAT cycles and helping to define potential changes, to include impact analysis.
DTMB Agency Services, EGLE and DNR welcomes candidates that are self-directed, well organized,
confident in their ability to build relationships, quick to come up to speed on new assignments, and able
to be flexible and adaptable to changing needs and/or direction.