Job ID: VA-638577 (94591102)
GIS Analyst with ESRI, spatial data, cartography, Open Street Maps, HERE!, open source GSI and Real Estate experience
Location: Chesterfield,VA (Chesterfield County)
Duration: 6 months
Interview: In Person Only (Local candidates are HIGHLY preferred)
Skill Required :
Experienced using ESRI suite of products, services, and solutions for typical GIS tasks. Required 2 Years
Experience editing spatial data, GIS feature classes, and maps. Required 2 Years
Demonstrated experience with spatial concepts, cartographic techniques, and feature class editing. Highly desired 1 Years
Experiencing with Open Street Maps, HERE! and other spatial data sources Nice to have 1 Years
Experience in the Real Estate Industry Nice to have 1 Years
Experiencing using open source GIS software and solutions Nice to have 1 Years
Bachelor Degree in Geography, GIS or another field with coursework focused on the use of GIS Required
*candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop).
The GIS team needs to add a short term GIS Technician to help us with multiple established GIS tasks.
GIS Technician Role:
The GIS Technician will under the direction of the GIS Manager/Architect joining a team of seven GIS professionals.
– Able to use ESRI suite of products, services, and solutions for typical GIS tasks.
– Experience editing spatial data, GIS feature classes, and maps.
– Must have a demonstrated experience with spatial concepts, cartographic techniques, and feature class
– Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment on daily tasks and priority
projects. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
– Graduated from an accredited college with a BS/BA degree with a focus on Geography, Geographic
Information Systems, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be
– Have at least one year of experience acting as a GIS Technician, Specialist, or Analyst.
– Must have an active curiosity and motivation to learn new skills and grow.
– Experiencing using open source GIS software and solutions
– Experiencing with Open Street Maps, HERE! and other spatial data sources
– Experience in the Real Estate Industry