Job ID: MS-108059 (965919)3P
Desktop Support Engineer (MCSE/MCITP/CCNA/CISSP) with Active Directory, Exchange, Wireless, audio-visual, SQL Server, virtualization, MDM/Intune/JAMF, FootPrints experience
Location: Jackson MS (MDEK12)
Duration: 24 months
Remote currently but will be required to be onsite in Jackson beginning in January 2023.
On-site and Off-site, but REQUIRES CANDIDATE TO RELOCATE TO MISSISSIPPI
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE # YEARS
Microsoft Active Directory 2012 R2 (or higher) experience 2 years
Microsoft Exchange 2013 (or higher) experience 2 years
Microsoft Server 2012 R2 (or higher) experience 2 years
Routing and switching experience 3 years
Google Workspace and Microsoft Office 365 2 years
Wireless/Wi-Fi Networking Experience 2 years
Experience implementing audio-visual communications (video conferencing) 1 year
Experience developing and delivering technical training in a classroom setting 2 years
Project management experience for hardware and software implementation projects 2 years
WAN, LAN and network design experience, including development of layouts and specifications 2 years
Experience including, but not limited to, connecting into routers via PCs and laptops, examining interfaces, pinging and tracing routes; and basic IP configuration 3 years
Microsoft Windows 7 and 10/11 experience 6 months
Mac OS 10.11 or higher 2 years
Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or higher 2 years
Server and workstation virtualization experience 3 years
Firewall configuration experience 3 years
Experience in MDM technologies for setting up and managing devices on and off campus such as Google Admin Console, Intune, JAMF, etc. 2 years
Experience in setting up and managing a web filter for devices on and off campus 2 years
Experience in implementing remote support solutions for devices on or off campus 2 years
Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing No minimum requirement specified
Ability to interact with functional users and technical staff regarding business and information technology needs No minimum requirement specified
Ability to listen and solve problems No minimum requirement specified
Ability to create and maintain documentation No minimum requirement specified
Ability to quickly and efficiently manage multiple tasks and projects No minimum requirement specified
Ability to effectively work with team members in multiple geographic locations throughout Mississippi No minimum requirement specified
PROJECT DETAILS The State of Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) is seeking qualified contractors to provide network and technical support services on a statewide basis to local schools and school districts.
MDE believes these services are an important part of fulfilling the State Board of Education’s responsibility to support school districts in their mission to educate children. As published in the Mississippi State Board of Education Policy Manual under Section 102 Responsibilities of the Mississippi Board of Education, “The Board also regulates all matters arising in the practical administration of the school system not otherwise provided for.”
Mississippi school districts are required to use several software applications implemented by MDE; therefore, MDE desires a mechanism to assist school districts in maintaining stable technology infrastructure.
JOB DESCRIPTION SCOPE OF WORK
The following is a range of anticipated tasks to be performed:
• Plan, design, prepare specifications, and assist in evaluation of procurements to implement local and campus area networks, and instructional labs.
• Assist in designing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting network hardware, software, ancillary services, and network communication gateways to other computing environments.
• Make recommendations for modifications and enhancements to networks.
• Assist in developing criteria for utilization of network monitoring software.
• Assist in network operations, and in identifying and resolving network (and component) operating problems with other Vendors and local school/school district staff.
• Provide supporting expertise to other technical staff members in installing and configuring network equipment and in resolving user and systems problems.
• Provide assistance in managing cloud-based email and collaboration platforms
• Provide assistance with managing directory services, including cloud-based directories like Google directory and Azure
• Provide assistance with server upgrades and consolidation.
• Provide a consistent resource to schools and school districts during periods of technology coordinator turnover/attrition.
• Support and troubleshoot video conferencing solutions.
• Assist school districts during their long-range technology planning efforts.
• Provide network security assessments.
The contractor(s) awarded to provide these services must use MDE’s trouble ticket tracking system, FootPrints software, in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined by MDE Office of Technology and Strategic Services (OTSS). Helpdesk requests must be submitted by the school and not the Contractor. The Contractor must then UPDATE the request detailing the work performed and the hours it took to complete the work. Hours must match up with the hours billed to the MDE for payment.
REQUIRED DEGREE Bachelor’s degree
RECOMMENDED CERTIFICATION(S) • Security Certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and SysAdmin, Audit, Network, and Security (SANS), and COMPTIA Security Plus
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE), Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator (MCITP- SA), or Microsoft Certified IT Professional Enterprise Administrator (MCITP-EA)
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) with experience including, but not limited to, connecting into routers via PCs and laptops, examining interfaces, pinging and tracing routes; and basic IP configuration