Job ID: NY-SBA (90090122)
Business Analyst (SAP S/4HANA certified) with SAP Consumer Mortgage Loans/Treasury Risk Management (TRM), FI/CO, SRM, MM, HCM, MS Project/SharePoint and public finance/affordable housing finance experience
Location: New York, NY (Midtown East); remote work required for now (NYS HCR)
Duration: 8+ months
If submitted in December please do not submit again.
• Experience as a business analyst
• Demonstrated experience in measurably improving processes
• Some experience as a developer, a plus
• SAP S/4HANA experience required particularly with SAP’s Consumer Mortgage Loans, Treasury and Risk Management, Financial Controlling and Accounting, Supplier Relationship Management/Materials Management and Human Capital Management modules
• SAP S/4HANA certification a plus
• Microsoft Project and SharePoint O365 proficiency required
• Interest and experience in public finance, particularly affordable housing finance
• Prior experience in government is beneficial, but not required
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) fosters the creation and preservation of high‐quality affordable housing for New Yorkers, while working strategically to revitalize neighborhoods and communities
throughout the Empire State. Working under the leadership of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas, HCR is a vibrant, innovative Agency that integrates and leverages New York State’s housing and housing finance resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard‐working and committed to serving low‐ and moderate‐income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multi‐family housing finance, home improvement, rent control, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a highly driven and experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our team. The Senior Business
Analyst will play a vital role in helping to integrate HCR’s public finance and grant‐making operations, and revamp outdated systems.
Specifically, the candidate will:
1. Help implement an integrated front‐end COTS solution for its business lines in (1) grant making for single‐ family housing; (2) multifamily housing mortgage lending and (3) multifamily asset management/compliance;
2. Help improve business and systems processes for back office functionality using an Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) system (SAP S/4HANA 1610); and
3. Help manage the release packaging for enhancements and improve program management.
• Quickly become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) who understands and grasps both the technical and functional aspects of large Agency projects
• Lead geographically diverse cross‐functional teams to define, analyze, communicate and implement solutions for:
o Technical and operational problems
o Process improvement opportunities
o Requirements on assigned projects and initiatives
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate functional and strategic needs, as‐is processes, and the development of to‐be result‐oriented solutions
• Prepare high‐quality work products for all phases on assigned projects and initiatives
o Business cases for project proposals
o Requirements documents and related artifacts
o Process and data models, traceability matrix, work plans, etc.
o Design test plans, test cases, training guides
o Recommendations, road maps, etc.
• Facilitate meetings with geographically diverse cross‐functional teams in a remote setting
o Deliver engaging, informative, and well‐organized presentations
o Manage multiple competing priorities
o Identify, track, evaluate and propose solutions for risks and issues
• Identify synergies between agency programs’ processes and procedures
• Prepare deliverables to manage change improvements across agency to ensure change is integrated across people, process, technology, and information
• Assist in developing training materials and user guides