Job ID: WR-2022-0623-JH (90090712)10A
Remote .Net Developer with C#, ASP.net, MVC, SQL Server, SQL, Azure DevOps, SSRS, Vue.js, Azure SQL and Azure App Services hosting experience
Location: Olympia WA (100% remote) (DOT)
Duration: 11 months
Positions: 1 (1)
Attachments: RTR/skill matrix/references/resume
The contractor must have demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge (required):
a) The Senior Level Application Developer must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or a minimum of 8 years of experience in Information Technology.
b) Minimum 5 years’ experience in the last 8 years with C#.
c) Minimum 5 years’ experience in the last 8 years with ASP.NET and/or ASP.NET MVC experience.
d) Minimum 5 years’ experience in the last 8 years with SQL Server 2008 or above.
e) Minimum 5 years’ experience in the last 8 years writing stored procedures and SQL scripts.
f) Minimum 3 years’ experience in the last 8 years with Visual Studio 2015 and above.
It would be desirable for the contractor to have demonstrated skills and knowledge in the following areas:
g) Minimum 1 year experience in the last 3 years with Azure DevOps
h) Minimum 2 years’ experience in the last 5 years with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
i) Minimum 1 year experience in the last 3 years developing applications using Vue.js
j) Minimum 1 year experience in the last 3 years developing applications hosted on Azure App Services
k) Minimum 1 year experience in the last 3 years developing applications using Azure SQL
Project Description and Background
The WSDOT Information Technology Division (ITD) requires a full-time application developer (Senior Level Application Developer) to design, modernize, implement, maintain, and support multiple software systems. The systems are used agency-wide and by the public and help to meet state regulations. The Senior-Level Application Developer will perform these tasks within the Applications Modernization Team under WSDOT Enterprise Applications – Information Technology Division.
Scope of Work
The Senior-Level Application Developer is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining .NET web and desktop applications for a variety of business units at WSDOT. The duties include requirements gathering, analysis, application design, database design, application coding, testing, modernization, deployment, problem resolution, and upgrades of applications in an iterative and interactive style of development.
Several of the applications the Senior-Level Application Developer will develop and maintain are cloud-hosted in Azure.
The Senior-Level Application Developer will help support the WSDOT Information Technology Division’s strategic goal of Continuous Modernization by assisting with application cloud migration efforts and application modernization.
Specific duties include:
Work independently or as a member of a WSDOT IT project teams to:
• Perform analysis, design, development, modernization, testing and implementation of software using C#, ASP.NET MVC, Vue.js, and related technologies.
• Write and troubleshoot SQL Scripts.
• Communicate with web services and APIs to send and receive data.
• Develop Reports in SQL Reporting Services.
• Obtain an understanding of key business needs and work directly with end-users and business contacts to create effective solutions.
• Elicit, understand, and document complex business processes and translate them into solutions.
• Interact and consult with senior and mid-level managers of WSDOT business units, as well as key Subject Matter Experts.
• Exercise excellent communication skills for communicating various system issues and meeting the customer’s expectations.
• Participate in workshop/interview meetings with business/application owners and end users
• Effectively manage time to assure commitments are met on time.
• Implement application integration of .NET environments and third-party tools.
• Employ source code repository check-in processes.
• Employ a strong team-oriented focus