Request ID: BL-10381-1 (911090519)
Onsite Security Analyst with Visio, health IT, Log Management, NIST, MARS-E, audit, penetration testing, risk/vulnerability assessment and government experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
Remote Work Availability: 0%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Must have hands-on experience or educational background in IT System Security or System Administration
2. Experience with incident response procedures and practices
3. Must be willing to learn and take on new tasks
4. Willingness to work independently and as a member of a team
5. Willingness to collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and vendors
6. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to effectively report on the status of assigned work
7. Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines in a results-oriented environment
8. Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) to include working with templates and style guidelines for branding consistency
9. Strong understanding of enterprise operations & secure best practices
10. Ability to absorb, retain and communicate processes
11. Strong verbal and written communication skills
12. Ability to accept changes and constructive criticism and remain flexible in dealing with leadership and teams of varying technical and business knowledge
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. Prior Health Information Technology experience
2. Centralized Log Management experience
3. Familiarity with security regulatory requirements and standards (such as NIST 800 series, MARS-E)
4. Experience performing or supporting information security compliance assessments and audits
5. Work and/or consulting experience in federal, state, city or local government
1. High school diploma with six years of relevant work experience
1. Bachelor degree in information technology, computer science, related technical field
2. Information Security certifications such as: CompTIA, ISC(2), SANS GIAC, CCNA Security, or similar
Administrative SERVER ADMINISTRATION No 4 Intermediate Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Cloud cloud platforms / environments No 2 Advanced Within 5 Years 4 – 6 Years
Education High School Diploma Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Education Bachelor’s Degree No 3 Advanced Within 10 Years 2 – 4 Years
Education Technical Certifications No 3 Advanced Within 10 Years 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous KNOWLEDGE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FIELD, BEST PRACTICES, ORGANIZATION AND OPERATIONS Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Miscellaneous Consulting Experience No 1 Intermediate Within 10 Years 2 – 4 Years
Network Security Cybersecurity Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Network Security Experience in projects involving PCI/NIST security implementations and/or audits. No 1 Intermediate Within 10 Years 2 – 4 Years
Network Security MARS-E No 3 Intermediate Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Network Security Penetration Testing No 4 Intermediate Within 5 Years 1 – 2 Years
Network Security risk/vulnerability assessments No 4 Intermediate Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Network Security Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems development / configuration No 1 Advanced Within 5 Years 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories INCIDENT MANAGEMENT Yes 1 Advanced Within 5 Years 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories Information Security Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories Network security No 1 Advanced Within 5 Years 4 – 6 Years
Operating Systems/APIs Linux Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Operating Systems/APIs Windows Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Packaged Applications Microsoft Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Program Management Experience working with risk management No 1 Advanced Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Protocols Firewall No 1 Advanced Within 5 Years 2 – 4 Years
Software Framwork Software development life cycle (SDLC) No 5 Advanced Within 5 Years 4 – 6 Years
Specialties NIST Security Yes 1 Advanced Within 2 Years 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Medicaid or healthcare experience No 1 Intermediate Within 10 Years 4 – 6 Years
Additional Skills: Incident response – required
Strong understanding of enterprise operations & secure best practices- required
Strong understanding of information technology and security concepts – required
Cyber security operations – required
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Client Office of Information Assurance (OIA) is tasked with performing ongoing enterprise cybersecurity threat monitoring and incident response capabilities. A strong candidate for this position should possess experience or knowlege in the following:
• Cyber Threat Response and Incident Handling
• Cyber Security Operations
• Penetration Testing
• Network Security
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Security Analyst is primarily responsible for assessing and evaluating the organization’s information & cyber security solutions and processes, as well as providing technical advisory to influence the design and implementation of security information technology systems and networks. The Security Analyst will guide junior analyst (Security Analyst I and II) to identify and address risks, and lead the response to information security issues.
Candidates should be self-starters, creative problem solvers and have an eagerness to implement tactics, techniques and procedures which make the most effective use of Agency staff, resources, products and technologies quickly.
Understanding of information technology and security concepts.
Experience or knowledge of operating systems (e.g., Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, MVS, VMWare), cloud computing, networks, hardware and software platforms, and protocols as they relate to information security.
Experience or knowledge in performing vulnerability assessments, including scanning, analysis of results, and manual validation.
Experience with secure networking technologies such as network firewalls and IDS/IPS technologies, Network Security Monitoring expertise, and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
Experience in information security incident response and risk management.
Experience managing and responding to information security risks, threats and incidents.
Threat and vulnerability management; awareness of current threats to confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and controls to mitigate threats
Strong working knowledge of applicable internal and/or external regulatory policies, standards, procedures and controls (e.g., Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) MARS-E 2.0, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT), and Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP).
Experience or knowledge with development and integration of RMF tasks and artifacts into the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is ideal.
Experience or knowledge in security as related to multi-tenant, cloud services and vendor interface management would be considered desirable for this position.
Working knowledge of TCP/IP and the functioning of its component protocols, ability to read, and analyze, using various toolsets such as tcpdump, wireshark, etc; how they work and what information they produce will be benificial in this role.
Understanding of basic defense-in-depth principles such as and secure system configuration, network segmentation and malicious code protection is a plus.
Information Systems’ Security Experience:
Experience working in a SOC environment is preferred.
Experience in operating and contributing to a security operations center responding to alerts and anomalies, creating and interpreting dashboards and triaging cross-functional teams is preferred.
Hands-on experience in the secure implementation, operation and on-going maintenance of computer systems, software, hardware and networks is preferred.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the day-to-day duties of SOC monitoring activities, tools and processes
2. Provide hands-on support of OIA systems and software
3. Conduct threat hunts (specialized searches) for evidence of compromise
4. Monitor security technologies for alerts
5. Investigating incidents, gathering evidence, and analyzing data
6. Analyze anamoulous activity and potential threats to Agency connected resources
7. Collaborate with OIA Staff and other agency staff, leadership, business partners and other parties/stakeholders to support security and compliance risk mitigation efforts
8. Other duties as assigned