Job ID: VA-595789 (96890607)
Windows/Linux Admin with Azure, AWS, bash/python, IIS, Dynamics CRM and SCCM/SCOM/NAGIOS experience
Location: Richmond VA (VDOT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Scripting deployments of cloud resources(Azure, AWS, ETC) Highly desired 1 Years
Deployments of centralized logging solutions Highly desired 1 Years
Experience working in professional environments Required 1 Years
Installation and support of *nix based operating systems(patching/package installation/scheduling jobs/basic bash scripts(or python)) Highly desired 1 Years
Experience deploying IIS sites, .NET Applications Required 1 Years
*local candidates strongly preferred
*ONLY in-person interviews will be conducted, NO Skype, NO exceptions
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Information Technology Division (ITD) is seeking a System Analyst to join the System Engineering Team. The selected candidate will perform Dynamics CRM Application Support, Operating System Configuration/Administration(Windows/Linux), administration/configuration of monitoring tools(SCCM/SCOM/NAGIOS/ETC), and support business applications as assigned.
The selected candidate will:
• Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Independently perform a variety of complicated tasks.
• Work with a team of System Engineers.
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both speaking and in writing.
• Perform installations of software (including server upgrades and patching)
• Monitor servers to maintain/ensure system uptime and availability.
• Troubleshoot application/database performance issues related to connectivity, access, security and etc…
• Review & refine existing processes to better align with agency/group priorities.
• Review the existing procedures and propose, execute, and/or direct necessary changes.
• Participate in on-call duties as necessary.
The successful candidate will be capable of performing an analysis of the effectiveness of the existing system and clearly communicate reasoned justification for continuance and update, or alternative approaches.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems with strong technical experience or other applicable and/or equivalent skills, knowledge and/or work history.
• Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively using standard requirements and design artifacts
• Over 1 years of experience IT maintaining/supporting a range of IT functions.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
• This position requires a fingerprint-based background check.
• The successful contractor will be required to continue education at own expense to stay current with VDOT technologies.