Job ID: NC-590986 (99390521)
Windows Admin with Desktop Support, MacOS (must), Tanium, SCCM, McAfee, Ivanti, incident management, DNS/DHCP/AD, SQL, AGPM, scripting and PM experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDIT)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In-person or webcam
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Planning, installation, configuring, deploying, supporting and decommissioning MacOS and Windows based systems and software. Required 3 Years
Supporting Enterprise security applications such as Tanium, SCCM, McAfee, Ivanti, etc. Required 3 Years
Conducts Quality Assurance in the delivery of systems and provides incident and problem resolution Required 3 Years
In depth security knowledge of the MacOS, Windows operating systems and services Required 3 Years
Supporting Windows infrastructure and server roles as DNS, DHCP, AD, File and Print, SQL, AGPM, Scripting etc. Required 3 Years
In depth knowledge of Enterprise security applications such as Tanium, SCCM, McAfee, Ivanti, etc Required 3 Years
Experience in all aspects of operational support in a dynamic client/ server IT environment Required 3 Years
Experience with multi-platform environments and their operational/security considerations Required 3 Years
Demonstrated competency in project management in a cross-functional environment & experience in managing resources to meet goals on multiple projects Required 3 Years
Primary Purpose of the Position
This position serves as a Systems administrator and reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO). This position will work within the Platform Infrastructure Operations unit and provide security services for DIT Optimized agencies. The Systems Administrator supports and manages MS Windows systems and software for Consumer Platforms Infrastructure Operations unit. This includes implementing operational and technical security controls; and adhering to organizational security policies and procedures the planning, installation, configuring, scripting, deploying, patching, interfacing and tuning Windows based systems and software.
Education and Experience Recommended
• Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution and three years of experience in the Information Technology Field related to the position’s role, or a
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Engineering from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in the Information Technology field related to the position’s role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In depth security knowledge of the MacOS, Windows operating systems and services. This includes the planning, installation, configuring, scripting, deploying, patching, interfacing and tuning MacOS, Windows based systems and software. This includes supporting Windows infrastructure and server roles as DNS, DHCP, AD, File and Print, SQL, AGPM, Scripting etc. and Enterprise security applications such as Tanium, SCCM, McAfee, Ivanti, etc. Experience in all aspects of operational support in a dynamic client/ server IT environment. Experience with multi-platform environments and their operational/security considerations. Experience in implementation of new technology. Demonstrated competency in project management in a cross-functional environment and experience in managing resources to meet goals on multiple projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Recommended in this Position
Systems Administrator supports and manages the secure operations of MS Windows and MacOS for Consumer Platforms Infrastructure Operations unit. This includes the planning, installation, configuring, deploying, supporting and decommissioning MacOS and Windows based systems and software. This includes supporting Enterprise security applications such as Tanium, SCCM, McAfee, Ivanti, etc. Will work with application owners with system integration and testing. Conducts Quality Assurance in the delivery of systems and provides incident and problem resolution. The System Administrator provides Windows support services in an Enterprise scale environment running applications that are mission critical in the delivery of secure services to the citizens of North Carolina.
Description of Work
• This position will serve as a security SME and conducts system administration functions across all systems
• Administer and support Windows and MacOS based systems and Software installed at DIT and client locations.
• Evaluate security patches and vulnerabilities for impact
• Significant knowledge of highly technical and specialized phases of Endpoint security tools, applications/software, MS Windows systems, MacOS, MS Windows OS, Scripting, Networking, Server configuration and administration for management applications and distribution points in the Enterprise environment.
• Monitoring MacOS and window-based systems for the resolution and performance tuning of Server, network, software, and enterprise tools\applications with problems between technical, support and customer personnel.
• Create and maintain technical documentation and procedures for System Administration support in accordance with established or emerging enterprise architectures and statewide strategies.
• Up to date knowledge of support technologies as well as working knowledge of common web development technologies.
• Escalation point for the resolution of hardware, software, and applications problems between technical, support and customer personnel for an Enterprise environment.
• Serves as desktop security resource for DIT and State agency IT teams.
Tactical Support: 3%
• Manage and ensure availability and secure performance of Windows and MacOS.
• Maintain baseline system security according to statewide information security policies
• Evaluate MacOS and Windows software and hardware to determine the best solutions to meet specialized application hosting requirements.
• Coordinates and testing the software changes from the upgrades to minimize the impact on the users’ applications and time.
• Knowledge of advanced enterprise endpoint security systems (Tanium, SCCM, McAfee,Ivanti, AGPM) and troubleshooting procedures to independently resolve problems.
• Provide technical level support to DIT and other Enterprise Agency IT teams when requested.
• Communicates and consults with end users, support staff, vendors and Executive management both internal and external to IT within DIT and Enterprise agencies.
• Identifies emerging security trends and vulnerabilities and make suggestions for technical modifications to solve current and prevent future problems at an Enterprise level.
• Evaluates options and consequences for supported systems at an Enterprise level and makes decisions accordingly.
Project Management: 10%
• Document and maintain Technical processes and procedures required for the Tools, Applications and Technical support provided to our lower level tiers and Enterprise customers.
• Coordinates the work of other team members to ensure key deliverables are completed within prescribed deadlines.
• Identifies and communicates project goals and objectives to the CRO.
Customer Service: 10%
• Communicates effectively with person of all technical abilities and positions.
• Interacts with broad range of representatives both internal to DIT and external (vendors, support staff, etc.) to solve problems.
• Handles difficult client situations with diplomacy and professional attitude.
• Conducts follow-up to ensure client satisfaction.
• Serves as a technical resource for highly complex enterprise MacOS, MS problems, for DIT Optimized customers and non-Optimized agencies.
• Analyzes and assesses client needs to help deliver appropriate reports, troubleshoot problems and responds to customer needs.