Job ID: TX-530200029 (98790902)
Location: Austin TX (DFPS)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In-person ONLY
• Three professional references are required. Two of the three references must be either Project Managers or Managers overseeing the work of the Worker on previous project(s). Telephone numbers AND email addresses are REQUIRED for each reference submitted. No exceptions.
• Candidates selected for interviews must be able to do a face to face interview at the DFPS work location listed in this solicitation in order to be considered. Vendors are asked to fully vet their candidates for availability of a face-to-face interview.
4 Reviewing and auditing HTML webpages, PDFs, Microsoft Word®, Visio®, Excel®, and PowerPoint® documents for compliance with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, TAC 206 & 213, and WCAG 2.0 (AA).
4 Developing operational requirements, guidelines, and recommendations to ensure IRM organizational output is compliant with Section 508 requirements.
4 Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio) and Adobe Acrobat®.
3 Experience testing electronic documents, webpages and software for Section 508, TAC 206 & 213 and WCAG 2.0 compliance.
3 Experience communicating prioritized list of compliance issues and potential compliance risks as well as clear mitigation strategies to management.
3 Experience providing advice to authors, content developers, and staff on how to ensure output remains compliant.
Degree B.A. or B.S. or higher in computer science, information technology, management information systems or related field. Equivalent years’ experience specifically in an accessibility role can substitute for college degree.
Strong Communication skills – ability to clearly articulate concepts, issues, risks, and findings in both written and verbal formats.
Strong Teamwork skills – ability to lead collaboration sessions and facilitate workshops with other functional and technical staff, and proven project team building skills.
Quality Management, Continuous Improvement, Manager of Quality or Organizational Excellence certifications are desirable.
Publication experience in the realm of accessibility (i.e. A published author in the field)
The worker (508 Compliance Specialist) role will assist in planning and coordinating continued modernization development activities for DFPS documentation and applications. The worker is expected to develop a clear compliance program within IRM complete with operational requirements, guidelines, and recommendations to ensure IRM organizational output is compliant with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), applicable State law(s), and Agency policies. Work will be focused on existing DFPS Enterprise applications including IMPACT & PEIRS, as well as a catalog of mid-sized information technology applications. The worker will work closely with the Quality Management Services Director as well as DFPS IT staff.
The worker must have a background in automated and manual accessibility testing including identifying non-compliant documents and output and recommending clear and specific mitigation steps to staff and management. The worker is expected to advise authors, content developers, staff, and management on how to ensure output remains compliant in the future. The worker must have the knowledge, experience, and ability to perform random and scheduled audits with validation testing on electronic documents based upon Section 508, WCAG 2.0 (AA) and Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 206 & 213.
This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and the ability to manage initiatives against established timelines. This position also requires the ability to learn and apply new technologies, work independently as well as in a team environment, and collaborate with all levels of staff within DFPS to satisfy business needs.
The Compliance Specialist role is responsible for the following:
• Developing and managing a comprehensive set of operational requirements, guidelines, and recommendations (together forming a ‘program’) to ensure IRM organizational output is compliant with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act, TAC 206 & 213, WCAG 2.0 (AA) and Agency policies.
• Development of program contents (guiding documentation and instructions, Frequently Asked Questions, & website content, etc.)
• Review and audit of HTML webpages, PDF, Microsoft Word®, Visio®, Excel®, and PowerPoint® documents for compliance with Section 508, TAC 206 & 213, and WCAG 2.0 (AA).
• Working with DFPS departments to share department-wide publications and related guidance regarding electronic IT accessibility requirements.
• Consistently and accurately document the location of areas of non-compliance in both web content and documents prior to internal or external publication.
• Randomly sample and review electronic documents including software test plans and test cases for Section 508, TAC 206 & 213, and WCAG 2.0 (AA) compliance.
• Modifying and/or teaching & training DFPS IT staff on how to modify existing applications and documents to be 508, TAC 206 & 213, and WCAG 2.0 (AA) compliant.
A successful candidate must be very familiar with Section 508, TAC 206 & 213, and WCAG 2.0 (AA) compliance for documents, presentations, webpages and similar materials. A successful candidate will have experience reviewing products, services, webpages, documents, presentations, and similar materials to ensure compliance before internal or external publication. A successful candidate will have experience performing both scheduled and random audits of departmental documentation and webpages to identify instances of non-compliance.