Request ID: BL-9515-1 (90090914)
Tax PM with RIA/BNA/Westlaw, electronic document management, policies/procedures/research, executive administration, training, SharePoint and government experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12+ Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience in developing and maintaining documentation for policies and procedures.
• At least 5 years’ executive administration experience in a tax department
• Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the needs of business users, and staff members
• Excellent verbal and written communications
• Leadership skills
• Experience with meeting facilitation
• Training experience
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Knowledge of Tax Policies, and Tax Research Engines (RIA, BNA, Westlaw), Microsoft products, including SharePoint
• Experience Training in tax research
• Ability to conduct research into issues as required
• Experience as a manager in government projects with knowledge of organization and operations
• Easily adapts to changing priorities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, computer science, or related field and 5 years’ of experience in program management.
Education Training Yes 3 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications Microsoft Office Suite Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Program Management Supervisory Leadership Experience Yes 2 Advanced Currently Using 2 – 4 Years
Remote Work Availability: 0%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
This specific Statement of Work is for an individual that demonstrates expert knowledge in implementing an electronic tax document management for technical tax documents, tax research and historical files, business unit educational emails, and tax training publications. Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Policy, the contractor will identify business requirements, manage problems/issues, and make recommendations for use of using an electronic tax document management to automate the Policy Division’s paper document filing system. The individual should also demonstrate expert knowledge in electronic tax research engines (e.g., RIA, BNA, and Westlaw).
Individual will also work directly with our three Team areas in Policy (i.e., Income, Sales and Incentives) in special projects using SharePoint and the Microsoft Office Suite. The individual will manage, document, review and validate the input of existing and new electronic information and paper documents into the system from the business side. The manager must be able to function easily on every level of the agency.
We will look to this individual to layout the workflow, determine the time at each step in the workflow, document the work flow, and validate the workflow to ensure the design of the electronic business system meets the needs of the Policy Division. The individual will also manage the roll out of the system to Policy employees including end user training. This individual will need to work with various application and agency teams to understand the needs of each area of the division.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must be able to effectively collaborate with Policy Division staff, client Technology Services staff, and the document Management System staff.
• Develop an overall format of an Electronic Business Document Management System that meets the needs of the Policy Division.
• The design takes into consideration the importation of existing electronic and paper documents, and new electronic and paper documents.
• As required, the design must also take into consideration of the importation of electronic documents from other applications used by the Policy Division (e.g. SharePoint, Word, Outlook), and the exportation of documents to other systems.
• Coordinate testing by the Policy Division of the design of the Document Management System.
• Coordinate and identify existing electronic and paper documents for importation into the Document Management System.
• Document the ways the Policy Division will use the Document management System.
• Manage the roll out of the system to employees, including end user training.
• Manage the input of new information/documents into the system.
• Identify and document the needs and restrictions of users both in and outside Policy.
• Identify and document the purging of old or obsolete data from the system.
• Work closely with Deputy Director and Division Administrative Liaison.
• Test system to ensure the desired result of the Policy Division is achieved.
• Mentor and coach junior staff members of the Policy Division.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Deputy Director of the Policy Division