Request ID: IN-8013-1 (910090504)
SQL Server Architect/DBA/Developer (MCDBA) with .Net, data import/export/editing, SRSS, Business Objects/BO, Excel, t-SQL and SSIS experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 14 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 5-8 years’ experience as a SQL Server Application/Architect DBA
• Advanced knowledge of database administration, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and systems analysis procedures.
• Must have the ability to work effectively with management, application developers and customers as necessary.
• Must have excellent communication skills, a self-starter, and be able to work effectively with all audiences.
• Must have experience working on Enterprise Applications, reporting to project managers, building code on time and according to specific technical requirements.
• Must be able to give adequate time-tables for work scope.
• Will need to work in conjunction with other Enterprise level DBA’s to ensure standards are being followed for the purposes of architecture, security and best practices as well.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
• .NET CODING
• STRONG UNDERSTANDING OF DATA IMPORT, EXPORT, EDITING
• REPORTING SERVICES; TO INCLUDE, MICROSOFT REPORTING SERVICES, BUSINESS OBJECTS, ETC.
• MICROSOFT EXCEL ADVANCED USAGE
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Identify the requirements for the following aspects of database support and management: applications, data security, data backup and retention, data archive and purge, and data recovery time objectives.
• Create the database/database instance and tablespaces.
• Provide first level Application DBA support for vendor supported applications running on database management servers.
• Provide analysis and report on database performance trends and exceptions.
• Recommend corrective action to resolve database performance and capacity problems.
• requirements gathering
• database architecture which includes the implementation of conceptual, logical and physical database models with experience in the creation of ER diagrams
• schema design and development
• t-SQL and stored procedure development and deployment with experience in database normalization
• complex SSIS development and deployment
• database code and system optimization
• application troubleshooting
• implementation of best security practices
• bug tracking and resolution
Administrative DBA Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Database Platforms SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Development Tools SQL Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous Database Administration Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Packaged Applications MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages SQL Databases Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages TRANSACT-SQL Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years