Request ID: BL-9677-1 (910090201)
SQL/DB2 Admin with ORACLE, DATA WAREHOUSING, DATA MODELING, DATA INTEGRATION TECHNOLOGIES, POWERSHELL, MICROSOFT ACTIVE DIRECTORY, WINDOWS SERVER, CDC, HIPAA/CJIS, TICKETING SYSTEM and PYTHON Experience.
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 12 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
1. SQL SERVER
2. DATA WAREHOUSING
3. DATA MODELING
4. KNOWLEDGEABLE IN VARIOUS DATA INTEGRATION TECHNOLOGIES
5. UNDERSTANDING OF COMPUTER AND NETWORK OPERATING SYSTEM FUNDAMENTALS (E.G. OPERATING SYSTEMS, APPLICATIONS, STORAGE, NETWORKING)
7. MICROSOFT ACTIVE DIRECTORY
8. EXPERIENCE WITH WINDOWS SERVER
9. REPORT AND DASHBOARD DEVELOPMENT
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
3. Experience with security and data classification related to CDC, HIPAA, and CJIS.
4. Ability to establish positive working relationships with technical staff, customers and others involved in data-centric management.
5. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
6. TICKETING SYSTEM
7. SUBVERSION (SOURCE CONTROL)
9. Ability to integrate technical systems with agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent work experience (5 years).
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
Due to the volume of upcoming data integration from internal and external customers, additional staff is needed to assist with the agency COVID-19 effort. This position will ensure databases are set up following industry best practices to ensure strategic initiatives and compliance with federal and state regulatory laws and ensure business continuity.
This position will be a part of the team responsible for supporting critical system data and database environments used by Public Health Deputy Area and Public Health Labs. The candidate will work with other team members to enhance the agency data integration processes and data warehouse.
Candidates should be self-motivated, team-oriented, work under limited supervision, and respond to priority tasks as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participate in a team comprised of DHEC and solution implementation staff for related planning, designing, configuration, and maintenance of integrated systems and data associated with Public Health and Lab environments. Ensure assignments are completed accurately and on-time, assist with problem resolution, mitigate issues, provide solutions, communicate, and escalate as needed to management, and report progress to manager.
The candidate will work closely with the Enterprise Computing Services Team Lead and Section Manager to identify, prioritize, and schedule workload and implementation to IT standards and procedures. The candidate will work closely with customer and subject matter experts for streamlining system data integration, modeling, and reporting.
Specific database developer duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Work closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications.
• Evaluate, design, code, optimize, and modify Microsoft SQL, DB2 and Oracle databases and database applications.
• Model databases and develop tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects.
• Tune databases for optimum performance.
• Develop reporting and dashboard capabilities.
• May involve interface development to access database
• Modification of existing computer systems to be compliant with agency security requirements.
• Ensure maximum system uptime for critical components to ensure business continuity.
• Diagnoses, isolates and de-bugs technical problems and performs problem resolution.
• Database monitoring and tuning.
• Adheres to Information Technology application development standards and security requirements.
• Prepare and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams for applications assigned.
• Work in a collaborative effort to conceptualize total systems and/or product solutions currently in place and remediation of those systems in a segmented framework.
• Ability to plan, organize, review, implement associated project milestones to completion.
• Recommend and assist in the design of system architectures to align with organizational strategic business objectives.
• Requires mastery technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes.
• Create supporting project and system documentation.
• Provide updates to the Project Team.
• Assist with development of policies and procedures to conform and comply with agency standard cyber security policy design related to information risk management, designation of data as to criticality, confidentiality, and protection. (NIST 800-53, FISMA, SC InfoSec Requirements http://admin.sc.gov/technology/information-security/policies-and-procedures, etc.)