Job ID: VA-640075 (97791119)
Scrum Master/PM (PMP/CSM must) with Kanban/Agile, SAFe and DOT/government experience
Location: Richmond VA (VDOT)
Duration: 7+ months
Positions: 2 (2/4)
Attachments: CSM/PMP certification copies/rtr/resume/skill matrix
*local candidates strongly preferred
*candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5pm, NO exceptions
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Current Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI) Required
Solid understanding of software development life cycle models Required 10 Years
Solid understanding of Scrum / Kanban Agile Methodology and working experience in this area Required 5 Years
Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building Required
CSM certification required. Please upload a copy of certification here. Required
Experience using SAFe Framework Desired 1 Years
The Project Manager/Scrum Master is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to the internal and external stakeholders.
• Drive consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including: project plans, release plans, resource allocation, and management of project risks, scope, schedule, and delivery of value.
• Coordinates Agile Ceremonies such as Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Retrospectives, Sprint Demos, Story Refinement, and Release Planning.
• Tracks and communicates project’s progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team, stakeholders, and management.
• Establishes an environment where the teams can be effective and helps removing obstacles.
• Protects the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
• Ensures a good relationship between the team and product owner as well as others outside the team.
• Tracks and reports team velocity and other project metrics.
• Promotes continuous improvement and helps teams to increase productivity.
• Helps Product Owner and team with Product backlog management.
• Ensures the teams are practicing core Agile principles.
• Adheres to VDOT and VITA project management practices as defined.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of Agile project management principles and practices.
• Ability to work with customers, understand their business practices and manage their expectations.
• Ability to set clear performance standards and hold team members accountable, while keeping team engaged and on track.
• Ability to help Product Owners to create and prioritize Product Backlog.
• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
• Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
• Ability to analyze and document business and system processes.
• Ability to balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
• Efficiency using Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools.
• Well-versed with Scrum and Kanban Agile methodologies.
• PMP and CSM Certifications required.
• SAFe Certification preferred.
• Experience with SAFe framework is a plus.