Job ID: UT-68008 (90090120)
Scrum Master/PM (CSM/CSP) with Jira, Azure DevOps, Rally, release management, bug tracking and education/K12 experience
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (USBE)
Duration: 18 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Interview: In-person or webcam/phone
Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field or demonstrate 4+ years Software Development experience as a Developer, Tester, Project Manager.
A plus if candidate is certified as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
In addition to degree or 4 years Software Development experience, Candidate must demonstrate experience in the Scrum Master role for at least three years with a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices.
Candidate must demonstrate application of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, and empowerment, and success in gaining respect of team members by providing an example of implementing these techniques.
Candidate must demonstrate successful application of various well-documented patterns and techniques, i.e., burndown technologies, various retrospective formats, handling bugs.
Candidate must demonstrate experience and effective use of tools used to manage and validate the Scrum process. Examples: Jira, Azure DevOps, Rally, release management, bug tracking.
Candidate is to demonstrate experience and knowledge in automating software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies and processes.
• Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies: daily stand-ups, backlog review, iteration planning, release planning, and retrospectives.
• Support the team in developing the necessary skills and provide guidance on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values.
• Ensure the team is following best practices and delivering the work they commit to deliver. Mentor and coach the team as needed.
• Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity at a pace that is sustainable.
• Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments.
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem-solving.
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
• Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Support and collaborate with the Product Owner, especially on backlog refinement and maintenance.
• Work with other Scrum Master(s) to ensure dependencies are prioritized appropriately across teams and in participating in community of practices sessions to share best practices.
• Identify minimum viable products (MVPs) and complete in priority order. Leverage data to measure & monitor progress, i.e., Burndown charts. Monitor schedule, cost, performance. Prepare and present reports on progress including challenges and successes to the USIMS Senior Program Manager.