Job ID: WA-K1779 (912590123)
QA Lead/PM with test plan/scripts development, COTS, SaaS, interface testing, UAT, data cleansing/conversion, Accessibility/Usability testing, Security/Penetration/Performance/Load testing and DOR/tax experience
Location: 6400 Linderson Way SW, Tumwater, WA (DOR)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
(b) Staff Mandatory Experience and Qualifications:
i. Eight (8) or more years of experience providing Test Lead Services for Information Technology projects.
ii. Experience providing Test Lead Services for at least one completed project of similar scope, size and complexity to DOR’s Unclaimed Property System Implementation project.
iii. Knowledge of project management principles and best practices.
iv. Knowledge of testing principles and best practices.
v. Experience managing and directing testing teams composed of IT testers and subject matter experts.
vi. Ability to write and execute test cases, test traceability, and issue/bug tracking.
vii. Ability to utilize enterprise testing tools.
(c) Highly Desired Experience and Qualifications
i. Bidder staff testing experience with COTS and SaaS Work Requests and implementations with multiple-million dollar budget and multi-year timeline.
ii. Bidder and/or proposed staff experience providing Test Lead Services for a state, preferably Washington State.
iii. Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
iv. Ability to quickly build positive work relationships with both technical and non- technical staff.
Scope of Work
The Washington State Department of Revenue (“DOR”) is seeking a well-qualified consultant to provide project Test Lead services for the Unclaimed Property Replacement (UCPR) project. DOR is looking to hire a Test Lead. The responsibilities of the Test Lead are:
• Develop and receive approval on Test Plan
• Develop and execute test scripts
• Lead interface testing effort with external partners
• Lead User Acceptance Testing work effort
• Submit monthly status report to DOR Project Director and Project Manager
• Attend and actively participate in project team meetings and work sessions
• Complete tasks with high quality in support of project timeline
The Test Plan must include the strategy to complete comprehensive testing, which includes:
• Functional Testing
• Data Cleansing and Conversion
• User Acceptance Testing
• Accessibility and Usability Testing
In addition to the Test Lead, there will be two full-time DOR testers on the project team. The Test Lead, and SMEs will participate in User Acceptance Testing. DOR’s Customer Experience & Communications Division will lead usability testing with external customers.
When defining the test strategy, at a minimum, the following is required:
• Process to define defect severity
• Tools and process used to manage the development and execution of test scripts
• Mechanism to report test results, which includes tool/process to track bugs
• Resource needs, including needed availability and estimated timeframe(s)
• Tool and process to manage test traceability