Request ID:BL-10066-1 (98490928)
Project Manager(PMP/ITIL/Lean Six Sigma/CSM) with MS Project, Agile , Visio and SDLC experience
Location: Columbia, SC
Duration: 3 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Considerable knowledge of project planning, milestone tracking and monitoring, and reporting techniques.
• Exceptional facilitation skills required, along with knowledge of quality improvement tools to facilitate defining and documenting project and business requirements.
• Working knowledge of PC software packages, to include Visio and other Microsoft Office products.
• Requires ability to communicate effectively in writing and speech working with customers, team members and management.
• Creating and giving presentations.
• Demonstrated ability to manage scope and client expectations.
• Consistently produce clear, concise status reports.
• Certifications in one or more of the following: Agile, PMP, ITIL, or Lean Six Sigma.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems or related field and 10 years systems related experience including business analysis experience, technical writing, technical documentation, or technical training, and/or quality assurance and systems testing experience.
• PMP and/or Certified Scrum Master
Job Description: PSCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
In December 2020, the DoIT SIO received demand requests for Project Managers to support key initiatives starting in Q3 2021. The initiatives include the Course Program of Study Implementation and Microsoft Office 365 A5 License Implementation. These initiatives are included in the Annual Plan that was approved by DoIT Executive Management in June 2021 and are necessary to help ensure UofSC remains in compliance.
In addition to the above, there are three DoIT SIO initiatives already approved in the Annual Plan that are understaffed and will require Project Manager and/or Certified Scrum Master oversight.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Primary tasks will include:
• Leads the project coordination for initiatives and business operations across DoIT; this includes the creation, analysis, and management of business requirements and their supporting processes by ensuring requirements are fully developed, documented, and measurable by the project or business sponsor.
• Manages system development activities defined by an agency’s System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to ensure successful transition from the project design phase into production by focusing on the quality of the solution and ensuring it meets the business and/or customer needs.
• Reports to management on status of projects.
• Consults with project team members, stakeholders, and sponsors and provides solutions for routine problems.
• Leads multiple projects that are complex in nature.
• Identifies current processes and procedures which are candidates for improvement and leads the creation of future configurations which lead to gains in efficiency and cost savings.
• Oversees and directs work of others.
• Provides estimates on the amount of analysis and development effort need based on requirements.
Remote Work Availability: 75%