Job ID: NC-564622 (98590814)
Project Manager (PMP) must with vendor management, scope estimating, budgeting, multi-million dollar projects, testing, quality assurance and government experience
Location: New Hope Center, Raleigh NC
Duration: 4 months
Interview: In Person Only
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Proficient in Microsoft Project using MS Project Server to manage multi-million dollar projects with a multiple year duration. Required 7 Years
Strong communications skills, oral and written, with project team, management and executive management. Required 7 Years
Proven planning and management skills including scope estimating, budgeting, testing, quality assurance and resource allocation. Required 7 Years
Experience with project risk management, including failure mode effect analysis and planning Required 5 Years
Experience implementing solutions utilizing third party vendors and third party products. Required 7 Years
Project experience implementing both third party and in-house development solutions Required 5 Years
Strong analytical and conceptual skills Required 5 Years
Experienced in contract and vendor management Required 5 Years
Preferred government IT Project Management experience Desired 5 Years
Preferred PMP certification Highly desired 3 Years
Typical Experience: 84+ months
Senior Project Manager will be assigned multiple DOT Enterprise Portfolio Projects.
Experienced senior project manager in both in-house and third party developed solution implementation from conception through project closeout. Extremely experienced in project development life cycle, vendor management and working in a fast paced complex government environment.
Expected Skills: Able to manage highly complex work efforts; may have advanced education; may have extensive industry experience.
Description (including, but not limited to):
1. Responsibility for the successful completion of end to end project work, including all work products
2. Oversight of projects comprised of multiple deliverables, including delegation and coordination of tasks
3. Responsibility for creation and management of the integrated project plan, execution of the project plan, project status, meetings, scope changes, risk and issue tracking/mitigation, coordination across project teams, etc.
4. Negotiations internal and external to the project teams
5. Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State
6. Development and execution of training and education on standard project management requirements and methods, facilitating project governance and reporting, and creating models to improve business decisions
7. Efforts typically include extensive changes to existing functionality or the implementation of new applications and/or technology