Job ID: UT-65147 (90090916)
Product Owner (CSPO) with backlog management, iteration planning, user stories, PM and Agile/Scrum expectation
Location: Salt Lake City UT (USBE)
Duration: 3 years
1. Degree Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in an IT- or education-related field.
2. Experience Candidate must have 5+ years of IT experience with at least 3 years in a product owner role including Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification.
3. Knowledge of Agile process and principles Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of Agile process and principles.
4. Effective Communication, presentation, and leadership Skills Candidate must demonstrate the ability to communicate in a language that non-tech people can understand, the ability to present ideas to influence both technical and non-tech individuals, and the ability to lead people.
5. Outstanding organizational and time management skills Candidate must demonstrate the ability to manage self and others to the priorities and goals of the program and in meeting schedule commitments.
6. Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills Candidate must demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems.
7. Creative thinking with a vision Candidate must possess the ability to recognize forward-looking business needs along with industry, business and IT trends
8. Attention to details Candidate must demonstrate the ability to identify and track to completion critical details of the program.
The Utah State Board of Education’s IT department is working on a comprehensive modernization initiative to replace legacy systems, referred to as the Utah Schools Information Management System (USIMS). Working for the USBE is a rare opportunity to use a combination of the latest technologies, best‐of‐breed software packages and custom development to deploy a refreshed code base and associated reporting applications and reports. We are looking for a high‐energy, adaptive team player with a great work ethic to join our Information Technology (IT) team as a full-time Product Owner.
• Take the lead of associated scrum team(s) as the Product Owner.
• Communicate with stakeholders, including users and development team to make sure goals are clear and vision is aligned with business objectives.
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
• Map out project dependencies to drive the necessary sequence of development
• Prioritize activities within scope, budget and time, weighing priorities according to the needs and objectives of stakeholders.
• Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
• Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
• Primary liaison as communicator and link between stakeholders and teams, assuring buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy and clear instructions and deliverables for the developers.
• Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.