Job ID: MNSITE-1110 (98590612)
PeopleSoft Performance Tester with LoadRunner, OATS, PeopleCode/Application Engine tuning, SQL, Oracle, PeopleTools, Financial/Procurement, upgrade, EPM, OBIEE, DW, WCAG/508 and government experience
Location: St Paul MN (MMB)
Duration: 11 months
Remote: 1 day onsite/4 days remote possible
• 10 years’ combined experience in PeopleSoft performance test roles including leading online performance testing using HP LoadRunner or Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS)
• 2 years’ combined experience with PeopleSoft performance testing on version 9.1 or 9.2 in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education)
• 5 years’ combined experience with tuning PeopleCode or Application Engine
• 5 years’ experience with tuning SQL
• 5 years’ experience using key Oracle performance constructs
• 3 years’ experience with Oracle 12c or higher
• 1 year experience with PeopleTools 8.54 or higher
• 3 years’ experience working on PeopleSoft finance and procurement batch schedules
• 5 years’ combined experience in full lifecycle upgrades or implementations of PeopleSoft 9.1 or higher
• Ability to work on-site one (1) day per week
• PeopleSoft v9.2 project deployed on PeopleTools 8.55 in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education)
• Experience with Oracle OATS performance tool
• Experience with data warehouse solutions including PeopleSoft EPM and Oracle OBIEE
• Experience with PeopleTools 8.55 or higher
• Experience in full lifecycle upgrades/implementations of PeopleSoft 9.1 or higher in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education)
• Experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 (Level AA) and Section 508 (Subparts A-D) in a public sector environment (i.e., Federal, State, County, City, or Municipality government, or Higher Education)
The Senior PeopleSoft Performance Test Lead must have PeopleSoft version 9.1 or 9.2 experience in a public sector environment and have broad knowledge about the constructs of PeopleSoft enterprise performance. Successful candidates must have 10 years’ experience in similar performance roles, and have successfully led the execution of online and batch performance tests for the PeopleSoft Financial Management Solutions (FMS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) suite of modules.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Produce performance test approach and performance test results deliverables
• Assess and size performance testing scope for project
• Lead and execute all performance testing efforts with direction from a part-time senior Performance SME
• Manage respective PeopleSoft performance tuning to deployment including driving all related project tasks, objectives and milestones
• Direct and guide PeopleSoft 9.2 performance tuning decisions as they related to the client business processes
• Report status to Project Management Office (PMO) team
• Track, escalate and document project risks, issues, decisions and changes to performance tuning scope
• Facilitate reviews of performance requirements and environment scheduling with project managers, technical teams, and developers as needed
• Work closely with tool owners, architecture and development teams to design and implement performance test plan
• Provide guidance and mentoring on testing strategy and implementation to testing and development team members
• Estimate resource and system needs relative to scope
• Assess and adjust performance testing capacities and capabilities throughout the project
• Assess capabilities and constraints to meeting project delivery
• Identify risks to performance processes and plans
• Utilize the project issue management process as issues are uncovered
• Troubleshoot and resolve performance testing issues
• Perform off-hours support during certain phases of the projects as required
• Provide input and review of complex system modifications for performance tuning needs
• Review technical specification document to ensure alignment with performance tuning strategy
• Advise on capabilities and strategies for optimizing performance
Description of Project
The Office of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) @ the Departments of Administration and Management & Budget are upgrading the current PeopleSoft Enterprise Financial Management Solutions (FMS) system to version PeopleSoft 9.2. FMS is the core tool that supports the State accounting and procurement functions. The State has named this application Statewide Integrated Financial Management Tools (SWIFT). The FMS application is currently operating in PeopleSoft version 9.1. MN.IT Services (MNIT) @ the Department of Administration and Management & Budget recently completed a strategic planning phase for SWIFT. The resource request is to assist the State in development activities associated with deploying this enterprise system. The project is expected to be approximately 10 months in length.
Oracle Support for PeopleSoft version 9.1 ended in January of 2018.
The current modifications found in SWIFT far exceed those found in other organizations (both private and public) with recent upgrade experience.
Accessibility is extremely important to the State and SWIFT must meet the WCAG 2.0 (Level AA) and Section 508 Subparts A-D accessibility standards.
Performance tuning of SWIFT is extremely important and must meet industry standards for an enterprise system; a focus will be put on reliability (availability vs. down time), system processing (specifically in budget checking), and timely batch processing.
The SWIFT system data will be used in the State of Minnesota’s data warehouse and interfaces are a major component of this upgrade.