Job ID: VA-596233 (98690606)
Oracle DBA with UNIX/Linux, weblogic, fusion middleware, apex, solaris to linux migration, tuning and cloud experience
Location: Richmond VA (VDH)
Duration: 6 months
Positions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
oracle database 12c Required 10 Years
oracle database 11g Required 10 Years
oracle grid control 13c Required 7 Years
oracle weblogic 12c/fusion middleware Highly desired 7 Years
oracle apex administration and support Required 5 Years
oracle db migration from solaris to linux (database 12c/11g) Required 10 Years
oracle database backup/restore/rman/dataguard Required 10 Years
oracle performance tuning/database maintenance/management Required 10 Years
on-call production support Required 10 Years
oracle cloud setup/administration Desired 3 Years
*local candidates strongly preferred
*mgr may conduct initial phone interviews for out-of-state candidates only but a second onsite interview is required, NO Skype, NO exceptions
*please do not send candidates who have previously been submitted to VDH Oracle reqs
Oracle DBA/Proficient in oracle database migration from Solaris to Linux/Weblogic configuration/administration including fusion middleware/Apex administration and support.
1. 10+ Years of IT Experience as an Oracle DBA in a UNIX/Linux environment
2. Good understanding of Unix Administration with respect to supporting oracle database and application servers
3. Proficient in shell scripting and job scheduling
4. Expertise in Production Oracle 12c environments including PL/SQL, OEM, RMAN, Data Guard
5. Proficient in managing databases with multi-tenant architecture.
6. Proven experience in migrating large databases from Solaris to Linux with minimum downtime with latest database release versions.
7. Proficient in database upgrade and quarterly PSU Patching of oracle database using OEM Provisioning Tool
8. Expertise with Loading data using sql* Loader / Data Pump utilities
9. Expertise with Oracle performance tuning
10. Experience with database character set migration
11. Experience with managing and upgrading Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c and higher
12. Expertise in Oracle database performance tuning and troubleshooting.
13. Strong experience in Backup and Recovery of large databases from Tape or RMAN online backups.
14. Working knowledge of Tablespace Encryption and Oracle Advanced security tools
15. Proficient with using sqldeveloper/ TOAD and Grid control tools for Designer experience (desired..)
16. Expertise in Configuring and managing Oracle Fusion Middleware, Web Tier , Apache and Tomcat Servers
17. Experience in setting up weblogic on Linux/Solaris platform
18. Expertise in configuring mod pl/sql,ORDS and Apex Administration 5.0 or higher • Experience with Restful Web Services • Experience with configuring/installing SSL Certificates and Oracle Wallets for the database and Web Servers • Develop, review and enforce database standards.
19. Experienced with SDLC methodologies.. • Ability to document database performance issues and help team members understand the resolution process. • Able to work independently.
20. Assist in the database and Web Application releases •
21. Ability to implement complex changes to existing database schemas