Request ID: BL-9506-1 (98290908)
Oracle DBA with DB2/SQL Server, .net, C#, C, ASP.net and MVC experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12+ Months Hrs/Wk: 37.50
Remote Work Availability: 0%
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Must have at least 7 years’ experience working with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server or DB2).
• Must have at least 7 years’ programming experience working with any form of the C programming language.
• Must have at least 7 years’ experience working with web based applications (C#, ASP.net, MVC Framework, Stored procedures).
• Experienced application level knowledge of capabilities, programming techniques, and intricacies of information systems. Intermediate knowledge of computer languages and relational databases.
• Experienced application level ability to write and revise computer programs. Experienced application level ability to understand and carry out technical instructions and requests.
• Experienced application level ability to analyze and reduce to logical order complex technical data. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner. Ability to work effectively with users, vendors, and other IT personnel. Ability to plan, direct, instruct, and review the work of technical personnel. Ability to develop status reports and other technical reports in a clear and concise manner.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or 10 years of relevant work experience
Database Platforms Application Level Expereince Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Database Platforms Relational Database Experience Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous Database Administration Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Miscellaneous web based applications Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Packaged Applications Oracle Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages ASP.NET Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages C# Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
Programming Languages Programming experience Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 6 + Years
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The IT department of the State Accident Fund is tasked with providing agency-wide support of all systems. For this position, primary support will be focused around our case management system and the respective databases, and our web application that we use to provide information to policyholders and business partners through our website. The current system is expected to be replaced in the next few years, and we require support through final implementation of the new system.
• Maintain and enhance the login portal portion of the SAF website and intranet site
• Generating reports out of relational databases, maintain and develop stored procedures for databases
• Working with software vendor to support case management system
• Maintaining and generating processes to interface with outside vendors
• Working with claims department to assist in corrections/errors in claims system
• Assist in any new or ongoing projects (assisting in developing project plans, etc.)
• May need to provide training to other employees
• Make suggestions regarding new implementations
• Assist with conversion to new systems
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide support through the SAF renewal process
• Provide application support for the SAF case management software
• Break/fix of any and all in-house SAF applications
• Working with software vendors to maintain on-prem applications
• Assist in ongoing and new projects
• Build documentation on procedures related to the position
• Maintain and support SAF web applications
• May train new employees
• Monitor helpdesk for any database/application related issues