Job id : TX-530180014 (910090718)
Network/System Architect (CISCO/ Solaris/ HP Certifications) with DevOps, public/private/hybrid cloud, ITIL, IT Enterprise architecture frameworks, IT Service Management, IT fiscal management, risk management, and IT legal, ethics, security and Cloud-based Application Hosting Experience
Location : Austin TX (DFPS)
Duration : 2 Months
Interview: in person only
5 Experience in Technology architectural domain; with familiarity of some of the other architecture domains
3 Extensive experience in designing and implementing IT service management standards, tools, and methodologies
3 Experience with the Network Architecture, Implementation, and Administration
3 Experience with the System Architecture, Implementation, and Administration
3 Experience with DevOps tools and processes
1 Experience with public/private/hybrid cloud
Expert Comprehensive knowledge of network, application, and systems engineering.
Strong Working knowledge in planning, recommending, and managing IT Enterprise architecture frameworks
Strong Working knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework to establish an IT Service Management environment
Strong Working knowledge of IT strategic planning
Strong Skills in critical analysis, decision making, and ability to think and act strategically and proactively
Strong Working knowledge of IT fiscal management, risk management, and IT legal, ethics, and security matters
Strong Communications Skills including written and verbal skills
Strong Ability to develop recommendations and presentations suited for various levels of leadership and decision makers
Strong Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to information security, privacy, and computer crime.
Degree Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in computer engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology security or related field
Network Engineering Certifications, System/Unix Certifications like CISCO, Solaris, HP credentials
Master’s degree in related field.
Essential Job Tasks include the following:
• Development and implementation of DFPS infrastructure and network architectures
• Assess the current infrastructure, network, and field operations assets to identify gaps, provide recommendations, and lead implementation.
• Ensure reuse of data across the agency and prepare for any inter/intra agency data exchange.
• Lead the architecture for the overall agency-wide network assets including data center, field operations, and remote devices
• Partner with Application Architect, Data Architect, and Security Architect to implement DevOps tools and processes within the enterprise
• Supports Problem Management activities within the ITIL procedures.
• Lead the capacity planning and monitoring efforts around the infrastructure and network assets
• Provide guidance to the application development teams on system architecture to meet the service level objectives from end-user perspective for new and existing applications.
• Participates in the selection of the future-state software, infrastructure, and network technologies and tools.
• Supports the development and implementation of the IT enterprise roadmap for an enterprise architecture domain and component technologies, services, and standards
• Identifies, analyzes, and prepares mitigation strategies for risks related to the DFPS information technology environments
• Provides analysis and consultation to CIO/IRM, CTO, and agency leadership on key technology issues affecting the agency
• Participates in planning, policy development, budget discussions, and problem resolution efforts to support and maintain the IT information technology environments
• Recommends and develops policies, procedures and practices in concert with the Information Security Officer, Chief Technology Officer, and the Chief Information Officer related enterprise architecture framework and security.
• Ensure the enterprise architecture plan supports the IT security policies and direction.
Other Special Requirements:
• Candidates selected for interview must be available for face-to-face interviews.
• It is preferred that vendors not embed their logo information in the candidates resume. (The information will be redacted before providing candidate submissions to the hiring manager.)
• It is also preferred that vendors vet their candidates for minimum qualifications rather than sending random resumes.
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS