Job ID: PA-639392 (93491110)
Network Operator/Helpdesk Analyst with Windows, MS Office/O365, system administration, call center and Remedy ticketing experience
Location: Harrisburg PA (PennDoT)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
***This requisition requires onsite in-person first round interviews only.***
***Client seeks only local candidates within the immediate Harrisburg, PA Metro Area.***
***Do not resubmit candidates from previously released req #s 607948 and 615447.***
• Possesses excellent communication skills; both written and spoken
• Ability to be clearly understood and has excellent phone etiquette
• Ability to support end-users with varying IT skillsets
• Ability to follow directions, especially when using established run books, documentation, and delivery center standard operating procedures
• Ability to adapt to change
• Detail oriented and resourceful
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to troubleshoot end-user issues and/or escalate as needed to ensure quick resolution
• Experience with incident management, call tracking, and ticketing software
• Basic Active Directory experience
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft-based products with an emphasis on Windows 10 and the Office 365 Suite
• Preferred 2+ years previous systems administrator, help desk, and/or call center experience
The PM Network Operator will provide first line technical support to employees and business partners calling the Infrastructure and Economic Development (IED) Delivery Center’s IT Service Desk outside of regular business hours. The work schedule is 5:30 PM – 5:30 AM Friday, Saturday & Sunday with Monday – Thursday off each week. The predecessor would typically work 36.5 hours per week.
This position requires a technical individual with a customer-service-minded approach to dealing with others. The individual will work closely with the PM Engineers, but must also be able to work independently, multitask by prioritizing and managing their own workload, and able to ensure prompt service and end-user issue resolution.
The PM Network Operator provides Service Desk Level 1 Support by performing the skills listed below.
• Provides technical assistance, support, and advice to technical and non-technical end-users calling for support of their IT hardware or software assets or needs.
• Creates and escalates Remedy trouble tickets to PM Engineers, tier two ITSD staff, and/or third-party service providers to ensure the quick resolution of IT issues.
• Works with PM Engineers, IED staff and contracted personnel, and/or third-party providers as needed.
• Researches and updates reference publications and diagnostic aids to seek information necessary to resolve end-user issues as needed.
• Follows IT Service Desk procedures and Network Operator run books and makes recommendations when improvements are needed.
• Promptly and properly escalates high priority issues.
Monitoring & Maintenance
• Actively monitors the status of the IED network and attached assets using established tools and promptly initiates appropriate actions.
• Actively monitors logs to ensure the successful completion of scheduled tasks.
• Actively monitors the Remedy ticket queue.
• Responds to outages and system failures using established escalation processes.
• Monitors the network operator inbox for any event messages and initiates action as needed.
• Monitors Server Farm building access.
• Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
• Acts as the primary information technology contact for all IED employees and business partners outside of regular business hours.
• Monitors the developer hotline during coverage hours.
• Issues network status updates using established procedures.
• Follows quality standards and displays strong customer service skills.
• Participates in account administration, including password resets, restores, and account moves via established Enterprise systems and operating procedures.
• Assists the daytime network operators with outstanding tasks.
• Updates network operator documentation and run books.
• Participates in disaster recovery.
• Completes assigned tasks.