Request ID: BL-9562-1 (99091103)
Network Engineer/Architect (CCNP) with WAS design, Cisco/IOS, Datacenter/Nexus network design, Azure integration and higher education experience
Location: North Charleston SC
Duration: 8 Months Hrs/Wk: 40.00
Initial round of Webex interviews with in-person interview preferred before final selection
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Hands-on experience installing and supporting Cisco Network devices
Ability to work high-volume fast paced projects
Strong communication skills
Ability to work independently with limited supervision and prioritize workload
Technical and business writing
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
Experience with designing multi-site WAN networks.
Experience with Datacenter (Nexus) network design and Azure integration
Experience with configuring and managing Cisco IOS Devices.
Knowledge of higher education business processes and systems
Azure VPN and Network connections to on Premesis Datacenter
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Associate Degree and 5-7 years of relevant experience
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS: CCNP
INTERVIEW PROCESS (WHO WILL CONDUCT I/V, PHONE OR IN-PERSON, HOW MANY ROUNDS OF I/V’S)?
Education Associate’s Degree Yes 1
Miscellaneous CCNP Yes 1
Networking & Directories Local Area Network (LAN) Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Networking & Directories Network access policies Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Networking & Directories Network Administration Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Networking & Directories VPN – virtual private network Yes 1 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Packaged Applications Datacenter, Cloud and Network Infrastructure Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 1 – 2 Years
Protocols Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Azure Cloud and Virtualization Yes 1 Intermediate Within 2 Years 1 – 2 Years
Specialties Network Yes 1 Expert Within 6 Months 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Network Engineering experience Yes 1 Advanced Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Remote Work Availability: 0%
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The project scope includes assisting Trident Technical College – Division of Information Technology – Infrastructure Services with the following activities:
• Designing and documenting existing as well as future network designs.
• Set up a NOC/SOC designed for network monitoring and analysis
• Configure switches, routers, and other network devices as needed.
• Provide technical guidance for other employees as needed.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This Network Architect’s responsibilities would include, but is not limited to:
• Maintains and develops critical cloud and on-premise physical and virtual network infrastructure.
• Evaluates network designs for optimization and future upgrades.
• Trains and assists other technicans in complex tasks or technologies.
• Evaluates security of network devices and recommends updates.
• Performs software updates on Network devices..
• Serves as a subject matter expert.
• Collaborates with areas across campus and with other IT teams.
• Provides time and cost estimates.