Job ID: MS-79606 (912490204)
Network/Desktop Support Engineer/Windows Admin with Azure Active Directory, Routing/switching, MS Office 365, Google G Suite, SQL Server, virtualization, MDM, web filter and Mac experience
Location: Jackson, MS (MDE)
Duration: 18 months (Possible extension)
Microsoft Active Directory 2012 R2 (or higher) experience 5 years
Email administration experience 5 years
Microsoft Server 2012 R2 (or higher) experience 5 years
Routing and switching experience 3 years
Google G Suite and/or Microsoft Office 365 3 years
Google Directory and/or Azure Active Directory 3 years
Wireless/Wi-Fi Networking Experience 3 years
Administration and troubleshooting of online meeting technologies such as, Google Hangout, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Webex 2 year
Experience developing and delivering technical training 2 years
Project management experience for hardware and software implementation projects 2 years
WAN, LAN and WLAN network design experience, including development of layouts and specifications 3 years
Microsoft Windows desktop/client experience 5 years
Mac OS 10.11 or higher 2 years
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or higher 2 years
Server and workstation virtualization experience 3 years
Firewall configuration experience 3 years
Experience in MDM technologies for setting up and managing devices on and off campus such as Google Admin Console, Intune for Education, JAMF, etc. 2 years
Experience in setting up and managing a web filter for devices on and off campus 2 years
Experience in implementing remote support solutions for devices on or off campus 2 years
Ability to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing No minimum requirement specified
Ability to interact with functional users and technical staff regarding business and information technology needs No minimum requirement specified
Ability to listen and solve problems No minimum requirement specified
Ability to create and maintain documentation No minimum requirement specified
Ability to quickly and efficiently manage multiple tasks and projects No minimum requirement specified
Ability to effectively work with team members in multiple geographic locations throughout Mississippi No minimum requirement specified
– Security Certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), and SysAdmin, Audit, Network, and Security (SANS), and COMPTIA Security Plus
– Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MSCE), Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator (MCITP- SA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional Enterprise Administrator (MCITP-EA), or comparable certifications from Google and/or Apple
– Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) with experience including, but not limited to, connecting into routers via PCs and laptops, examining interfaces, pinging and tracing routes; and basic IP configuration
The State of Mississippi Department of Education (MDE) is seeking qualified vendors to provide network and technical support services on a statewide basis to local schools and school districts.
MDE believes these services are an important part of fulfilling the State Board of Education’s responsibility to support school districts in their mission to educate children. As published in the Mississippi State Board of Education Policy Manual under Section 102 Responsibilities of the Mississippi Board of Education, “The Board also regulates all matters arising in the practical administration of the school system not otherwise provided for.”
Mississippi school districts are required to use several software applications implemented by MDE; therefore, MDE desires a mechanism to assist school districts in maintaining stable technology infrastructure. Additionally, MDE also desires to assist Mississippi school districts in their journey to implement digital learning.
SCOPE OF WORK
The following is a range of anticipated tasks to be performed:
– Plan, design, prepare specifications, and assist in evaluation of procurements to implement local and campus area networks, and instructional labs.
– Assist in designing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting of wired and wireless network hardware, software, ancillary services, and network communication gateways to other computing environments.
– Make recommendations for modifications and enhancements to wired and wireless networks.
– Assist in developing criteria for utilization of network monitoring software.
– Assist in developing methods and criteria for network traffic data collection and analysis.
– Assist in network operations, and in identifying and resolving network (and component) operating problems with other Vendors and local school/school district staff.
– Provide supporting expertise to other technical staff members in installing and configuring network equipment and in resolving user and systems problems.
– Provide assistance in managing e-mail services, including archival of e-mail and spam management.
– Provide assistance with the migration/implementation of services such as email and directory from on-premises to the cloud.
– Provide assistance with server upgrades, virtualization and consolidation.
– Provide a consistent resource to schools and school districts during periods of technology coordinator turnover/attrition.
– Support and troubleshoot video conferencing solutions.
– Assist school districts during their long-range technology planning efforts.
– Provide network security assessments.
– Provide professional development and mentoring for district IT staffs to develop their in-house skillset.
The scope of this LOC does not include application software support, such as de-bugging, enhancements and ad hoc report generation.