Job ID: MNSITE-1517 (99990610)
.Net Web Developer with ASP.net, C#, MVC, HTML5, CSS3, T-SQL, SQL Server, Windows Services, XSLT, SOAP web services, Web API, Entity, Bootstrap, LESS, Vue.js, React, Angular, DDD, NIEM, Agile and law enforcement/criminal justice experience
Location: St Paul, MN (DPS BCA)
Duration: 24 months
Positons: 1 (1/1)
Interview: In-person or Phone
1. Seven years of experience developing in ASP .NET with C#
2. Three years of experience developing ASP .NET MVC applications
3. Three years of experience using HTML5
4. Three years of experience using CSS3
5. Three years of experience writing T-SQL for MS SQL Server
1. Experience writing unit tests with the use of mocking libraries
2. Experience in development of Windows Services using .NET 4.0 or above
3. Experience using XML schemas
4. Experience using XSLT
5. Experience using SOAP web services
6. Experience using Web API
7. Experience using Entity Framework
10. Experience working with LESS for authoring CSS
12. Knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts
13. Experience working National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) compliant schemas
14. Development experience within an Agile development team
15. Experience working with law enforcement or criminal justice systems
1. Work with planning managers, architects, business analysts, quality assurance analysts and agencies to define and transform business requirements into technical design and programming specifications conforming to the system architecture.
2. Implement enterprise solutions following established BCA patterns in application development and data security.
3. Build, deploy and test software applications and modules using automated test and deployment technologies and tools.
4. Provide direction in identifying appropriate technical solutions (application and system level) that meets business objectives, which include defining technical alternatives to derive the most cost-effective solutions to meet client requirements.
5. Review test cases and test plans in conjunction with quality assurance staff.
6. Execute unit and integration testing procedures.
7. Provide knowledge transfer.7
Description of Project
The BCA Crime Reporting System facilitates the access to and exchange of information between sources and users of criminal justice data. The BCA is responsible for the collection and sharing of criminal justice data. Law enforcement agencies report all crimes reported or discovered to the BCA. BCA collects, maintains and forwards crime information to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).The Gun Permit systems requires Sheriff’s Offices and Police Departments to conduct background checks for applicants for Permits to Purchase/Transfer firearms. Sheriff Offices also conduct background checks on Permit to Carry applicants. The BCA’s firearms permit systems address Sheriffs’ Office and Police Department needs. The BCA has responsibility for managing Minnesota Predatory Offender Registrations (POR) that is made available to MN Law Enforcement agencies 24 hours a day. The current POR system has four major components: 1) record management, 2) the Law Enforcement site, 3) the public non-compliant site, and 4) the POR database. This network of components has been gradually assembled over the last two decades. The system contains many artifacts of its history, structures and functions that no longer serve a purpose but have never been fully removed. The pieces do not all work together. The overall goals of the project are to have a system that is reliable and maintains data integrity. The system should provide the capability to integrate with other data systems that enables maximum productivity.
The BCA is seeking a .Net Developer to support multiple technical initiatives including the Crime Reporting Systems, Gun Permit, Predatory Offender Registration systems and future MNJIS technical initiatives, as needed. The BCA is providing enhancements and maintenance on these systems and is adding contract developers to join an existing team of full stack developers.
All work must be conducted onsite at: 1430 Maryland Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55106.