Job ID: VA-641292 (96891221)
Location: Richmond,VA (VDOT) (local candidates strongly preferred)
Duration: 6 months
Interview: Web Cam Interview Only
Skill Required :
C# experience developing custom .Net applications (ASP.NET, MVC.NET, .NET Core) Required 4 Years
Experience with ADO.Net and Entity Frameworks Required 3 Years
Experience with Visual studio or VSCode Required 4 Years
Experience with database development using SQL Server Required 2 Years
Experience with developing web services, WebAPI / REST services Required 2 Years
Experience with Design Patterns and using MVC framework, Dependency Injection Required 3 Years
Experience with Oracle database development Highly desired 1 Years
Experience with Agile SDLC best practices Highly desired 1 Years
Experience working with TFS for purposes of source control and DevOps Highly desired 1 Years
Experience with Automated Builds using Microsoft Team Foundation Server Highly desired 2 Years
Experience with SSRS / SSAS / SSIS Nice to have 1 Years
Experience developing Angular / Blazor apps Nice to have 1 Years
*local candidates strongly preferred
*interviews will be conducted via MS Teams or Google Meet.
*candidates will telework now (after coming to office to pick up laptop). Once restrictions are lifted, candidates will be required to work onsite daily M-F 8-5pm, NO exceptions
*please do not submit candidates who were submitted to previous, higher-level req, 640124
VDOT is seeking a .Net Applications Developer who will be responsible for analyzing software requirements to design and develop high quality components for N-tier systems.
The junior developer is expected to work with the team, ensuring that programming best practices are being followed, prioritizing work effectively, addressing production issues in a timely manner, and writing system documentation when required. The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to be effective in both technical and business requirement discussions.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Ability to develop web applications and backend services using C#, ASP.NET MVC, REST API, .NET Core, OData, Java Script, JQuery, Node.js and CSS. Design and develop database objects in SQL Server.
• Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
• Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery
• Knowledge of system design patterns, tiered architecture, and testing practices.
• Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
• Ability to plan and manage projects. Ability to solve problems by applying best practices.
• Work with project business and system analysts to clarify the requirements and then implement them
o Participate in code reviews
o Enforce standards and best practices
o Participate in Agile SDLC