Request ID: IN-8124-1 (97090614)
Natural/ADABAS Developer with zOS, JCL, TSO, Agile and SNAP/TANF/EBT experience
Location: Columbia SC
Duration: 12 Months
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• 5+ years of experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-scale software systems and components using .net architectures.
• 5+ years of experience developing data-driven applications utilizing legacy database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
• 5+ years’ experience building Legacy MF systems, utilizing scalable approaches, and complex security models/implementations
• Successful design and implementation of multiple software components and subsystems.
• Ability to communicate the design and implementation of software systems including relevant strengths/weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
• Ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively with technical, non-technical staff, and customers/stakeholders as needed or directed.
• Ability to communicate effectively with the DSS and other State information technology staff.
• 5+ years of experience in the design, and operations of Federal Certified SNAP and TANF Eligibility and Benefit Issuance systems.
• 5+ years of experience on the implementation and operations of Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) systems statewide.
Environments and Tools
• IBM zOS
• Software AG Natural/ADABAS
• IBM JCL
• IBM TSO
• MS Excel
• MS Word
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Preference will be given to experience related to Economic Services Eligibility applications (SNAP/TANF) system design and development and/or knowledge of the Economic Services program’s mission and objectives
• Experience with Agile software development is a plus.
A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area and experience in computer system development and modification. Related experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
A work experience in the modification and maintenance of system programs, the design and development of system software, or the testing and debugging of system software.
An Associates degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for the required work experience.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate should be an experienced coder in Natural/ADABAS, COBOL CICS working under the supervision of the Economic Services Technical Manager. Experience on the operations and development of SNAP/TANF and EBT applications is highly desirable. This includes lead requirements workshops with the Economic Services program are staff, develop Technical requirements, code development, unit testing, integration testing, and deployment.
• Interact with other software engineers and technical leads to understand subsystem and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective development.
• Provide an architectural framework for information system development, maintenance, and enhancement efforts.
• Design and document subsystems and system components consisting of several components working together to execute an encapsulated function of the larger system.
• Determine and communicate the implications of system-level decisions on subsystems and components and help determine how best to mitigate or take advantage of these implications.
• Determine and communicate the requirements and capabilities of components within the context of the larger system, project, and team.
• Participate in efforts to share technology, functional knowledge and expertise within the organization; mentor junior and aspiring software development engineers.
• Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
Development Tools MS Excel Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Development Tools MS Word Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous Legacy code (COBOL; JCL, etc.) – Reading, interpreting, and documenting current processes and requirements Yes 1 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Miscellaneous TSO Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Operating Systems/APIs CICS No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Operating Systems/APIs IBM z-Series mainframe No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Packaged Applications BlueZone Software Application No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Programming Languages JCL Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Software Framwork mainframe architectures No 2 Intermediate Within 6 Months 2 – 4 Years
Specialties ADABAS Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years
Specialties Natural Yes 1 Advanced Currently Using 4 – 6 Years