Job ID: MI-638214 (98291204)
Java Lead with Eclipse, PL/SQL, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, JQuery, JBOSS Workflow, Drools and agile experience
Location: Lansing MI (MDHHS)
Duration: 6 months
Postions: 1 (1/2)
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Develop complex computer systems using Java Required 8 Years
Develop complex computer systems using java IDEs such as Eclipse Required 8 Years
Comprehensive experiences in programming in SQL and/or PL/SQL Required 8 Years
Demonstrate experiences in programming using Java JEE Spring Framework 3.0 Required 8 Years
Have experiences in development using Hibernate/JPA framework Required 8 Years
Have programming experiences in the JBOSS Enterprise SOA environment including JBOSS Workflow and Drools Business Rules engine Required 5 Years
Experiences in using CMM/CMMI Level 3 methods and practices Highly desired 5 Years
Have implemented agile development processes including test driven development Nice to have 5 Years
Years of Experience:
12 to 15 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
The position is responsible for providing ongoing maintenance and support of complex Java applications and developing enhancements to EDRS and other vital records MDHHS applications supported within our department. EDRS is a Red card machine critical system that processes the statewide death information and certification. The resource is integral to developing and maintaining MDHHS’ automated processes, streamlining critical business processes, data integrity, SEM/SUITE compliance, and securing the applications. The resource also performs as a technical lead and provides technical guidance to the other developers in the department. As a technical lead, the resource participates in a variety of analytical assignments that provide for the enhancement, integration, maintenance, and implementation of projects. The resource also provides technical oversight to developers in the team that support other applications including the Red Card Applications MiCBRS (formerly BRS) , AFS and State hospitals billing system(SHBS). Not having a resource on staff will lead to MDHSS manually processing the EDRS death registry information that can lead to errors causing data integrity issues and can eventually lead to incorrect information being processed and reporting of the death information.
• Develop business application components using Object Oriented java/JEE technologies, design principles and JBoss drools rules engine
• Design and develop RESTful Web Services using Spring Web MVC framework.
• Ability to implement design patterns like Intercepting Filter, Front Controller, Session Façade, DAO, Singleton, and Service Locator
• Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC) including experience in gathering requirements and writing functional/technical specifications for complex projects.
• Excellent knowledge in designing both logical and physical database model
• Develop database objects including stored procedures, functions,
• Troubleshoots issues using SQL, PL/SQL scripts
• Experience tuning SQL queries and scripts
• Hands on experience Integrating software components into a fully functional software system
• Extensive knowledge on source control tools such as IBM rational tools and SVN,
• Experience on Build Frameworks like Apache Ant, Maven, maintain source code using source control, and baseline software versions and build war files for deployments
• Experience developing with application servers Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
• Develop software design documents and work with stakeholders for review and approval.
• Experience developing, prototypes, mockup for users review and approval.
• Exposure to flowcharts, screen layouts and documentation to ensure logical flow of the system requirements
• Experience working on large agile projects.