Job ID: MNSITE-1124 (912590615)
Java JSF/Web Developer with UI, SQL, Hibernate, jQuery and Bootstrap 3 experience
Location: St Paul MN (MDE)
Duration: 6 months
• Three (3) Years of experience developing Java web applications using the Java Server Faces Framework
• Three (3) Years of experience integrating Java web applications with SQL databases using Hibernate
• Three (3) Years of SQL relational database design and coding experience
• Five (5) Years of experience developing software both independently and in a team environment
• Experience developing Java web application user interfaces using recent user interface tools including jQuery and Bootstrap 3.
• Detail-oriented and excellent concentration ability
• An analytical mindset and critical thinking
• Demonstrable ability to discover and fix errors in code
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in team settings
The candidate for this position will be required to:
• Have strong web application development experience using the Java Server Faces Framework
• Have extensive background experience in Java web application user interface design and implementation
• Work well both independently and in a team environment. This project has a very experienced team. The candidate must be able to take business requirements and work independently to complete assignments. However, the candidate must also be able to work with other team members to implement required functionality and to resolve data and system integration problems. The candidate must also be engaged in project team meetings and provide regular project status updates.
• Collaborate with business analyst and developers to produce software designs
• Provide work estimates to project manager, provide frequent status updates and track progress against the project work plan
• Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes
• Transform software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate language
• Integrate individual software solutions to higher level systems
• Use web-based tools to create and advance applications
• Test code periodically to ensure it produces the desirable results and perform debugging when necessary
• Collaborate with business, development, and QA teams to develop testing and acceptance procedures
• Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient
• Collaborate with business analyst to provide training, knowledge transfer, and documentation for user support
Description of Project
MNIT Services (MNIT) partnering with the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) is seeking a Java Developer for Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) Outcomes Enhancements Project to expand the functionality for calculating development progress using Early Childhood Assessment Data. The MDE application called ECSE Outcomes collects progress on Children in Special Education. The collection supports reporting to the Federal Department of Education on IDEA data. The enhancements will map and calculate Assessment data to existing ECSE data collection to replace existing simpler evaluation processes where possible. Strong skills with managing data in different states in the collection lifecycle is desired. Prior data processing skills managing the loading and retention of data including field validation rules and error reporting. The Assessment data will be maintained in an Early Childhood Warehouse to support the reporting of progress and analytical reporting. Where possible business processes will be automated to reduce IT support efforts and empower application administrators. If time permits there is new functionality to add the collection of summary level Childhood Screening Data from the Early Learning System Application to reduce the number of collections needed for Early Childhood Data Reporting.
Work is anticipated to be onsite at the Minnesota Department of Education: 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113. While remote access is a possibility, it is expected to be used infrequently and must be requested upfront at the beginning of the work order.