Job ID: FL-Doc156467 (910590118)
Java Developer with Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, JPA/Hibernate, PL/SQL, DML/DDL, XML/CSS, JQuery, AngularJS, NodeJS, React, web services, RESTful, Git, Jenkins, ISDM, SQL Developer, UML, Oracle Spatial data, Scrum/XP/Kanban, Docker, GIS and WebLogic experience
Location: Tallahassee FL (FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION)
Duration: 12 months
Positions: 1 (1/1)
Attachments: Resume Certification/References
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
• 5+ years’ experience with Java application development, leveraging frameworks such as Struts 2, Servlets/JSP, and JPA/Hibernate
• 5+ years’ experience with Oracle databases with the capability to write complex queries and develop complex PL/SQL database objects, including both DML and DDL.
• 3+ years’ experience in web development leveraging XML and CSS
• 3+ years’ experience developing web services, preferably RESTful web services
• Experience with responsive design frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
• Experience using code repositories, preferably Git
• Experience using continuous integration tools, preferably Jenkins
• Knowledge of relational and object-oriented database designs
• Knowledge of object-oriented design methodologies
• Knowledge of Information Systems Development Methodology (ISDM)
• Experience with database query tools (i.e., SQL Developer)
• Knowledge of database security, including role-based security
• Knowledge and experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
• Experience creating and supporting data warehouse implementations and related data marts (this includes designing and developing Extract-Transform-Load [ETL] processes for data warehouses, gathering requirements, and designing databases)
• Experience leveraging (Oracle) Spatial data
• Familiarity with Agile development, specifically Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP) and Kanban.
• Database and application architecture experience
• Experience with Virtualization, preferably Docker
• Experience implementing GIS (Geographic Information System) applications
• Experience maintaining WebLogic Server
• Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML)
• Experience with environmental regulatory business processes and practices
• Knowledge and understanding of DEP’s technical environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other
Information Technology major, or equivalent work experience.
Required Tasks to be Performed:
• Provide maintenance, enhancement and support for a variety of the agency’s business applications.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
• Research and document requirements of program users.
• Write, translate and code software programs and applications per specifications.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
• Work with network administrators, systems analysts and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to junior programmers.
Appendix B: Position Deliverables/Tasks and Qualifications
• Ability to be creative, to use sound judgment, and to display foresight to identify potential problems and design/specifications and assigned application software systems
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
• Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, oral and written communication skills