Job ID: VA-634864 (913090904)
Infrastructure PM (PMP/PMDP) with agile, networking, routing, VPNs, IP addressing, Firewalls, ServiceNow implementation and SQL Server upgrade/migration experience
Location: 1220 Bank Street Richmond VA (DBHDS) ONLY Richmond candidates (DL with Richmond address required)
Duration: 12 months
**Agency manager is sensitive to rate, if you can come in lower than the max vendor rate please do so!
Strong foundation in project management principles, processes and methodology (Agile preferred) . Required 5 Years
Technical background, preferably in enterprise networking including IP addressing, routing, VPNs, Firewalls, etc. Required 5 Years
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with significant visibility to the client executive teams. Required 5 Years
Demonstrated experience managing highly visible strategic and demanding customers. Desired 5 Years
Strong influential management experience. Required 5 Years
Must have strong and effective communication and presentation skills for effective communication and presentation skills Required Required 5 Years
4-year degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field or equivalent (preferred) Highly desired
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Tech PM responsible for managing technical projects from design, testing, implementation, and follow up. Completing various project milestones, timelines, and plans across DBHDS’s Central Office and 14 facilities.
DAY TO DAY
– Develop and refine project plan with scope, milestones, schedules, and resources for technical projects
– Track project progress and report project status to all stakeholders utilizing project management tools to facilitate planning and tracking (working exp with Agile methodology preferred)
– Manage and track changes to scope, priorities, schedules and resources
– Work closely with executive leadership and the clients to coordinate task schedule and resource allocation, resolve conflicts, and maintain full visibility of multiple projects
– Communicate effectively with all stakeholders for regular status reporting and on escalations
– Identify and mitigate any potential issue that may impact the deliverables
– Manage the progress of the projects ensuring an on schedule, on budget delivery. Effectively manage change. Ensure that the project team is tracking to commitments.
– Requires working closely with business owners and leadership team to oversee the effective configuration, implementation, deployment and use of licensed products.
ABOUT THE DBHDS ENVIRONMENT
This resource would need to be a PMP (preferred) and VITA PMDP qualified (required). It is important that they are skilled with scope and change management and working with VITA to stand up the appropriate network infrastructure to support DBHDS enterprise wide application implementations including all 12 DBHDS Facilities.
Must also be familiar with utilizing project management skills and techniques to manage application implementations to complete on time and on budget. This includes working collaboratively with vendors for all stages of the project including planning and coordinating testing and training at all facilities. Among those projects:
• SQL 2008 server upgrade/migration project currently underway (All agency departments and facilities)
• Dietary System (CBORD) Application Replacement
• Incident Management System (CHRIS) Replacement
• ServiceNow implementation in the IT Support Department
*ONLY IF SELECTED for the role they will need to have completed Part 1 of the VITA PMDP training (available through website). They will get a certificate after they attend the part 1 training through CCWA.
They are NOT obligated to complete this cert now – only if they are selected for the role (unless of course they already have the cert). Please make note on the resume.
Providing the following info as reference only. Again, they do not need to complete the cert unless selected for the role and they accept. Its required before they start the assignment.
The commonwealth Project Manager Development Program (PMDP) is supported by the PMDP application. The application is used to register as a project manager (PM) with the commonwealth, and to track qualifications and PM experience over time. Supervisors of PMs will use the application to authenticate candidate PM qualifications and experience. The PMDP program also maintains repositories of project management "best practices" and "lessons learned."
The Website link to complete the above is: https://www.vita.virginia.gov/it-governance/project-management/development-program-pmdp/pmdp-application-access