Job ID: VA-635962 (98690916)
Infrastructure PM (PMP must) with ERP, security and COTS experience
Location: Richmond VA (Virginia Community College System (VCCS)) *** ONLY Richmond CANDIDATES ***
Duration: 6+ months
Looking for local Richmond candidates at this time. Pls do not submit unless your candidate currently resides in Richmond.
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience Expertise Rating
Demonstrated, extensive IT project management experience, and substantial knowledge of PMI project management methodologies; a PMP is required Required 8 Years
Advanced knowledge and understanding of ERP, security, and other enterprise data systems, to include considerable experience managing and supervising Required 8 Years
The Project Manager must possess the confidence to make decisions and take action without management input, but should also have judgment to seek mana Required 8 Years
Demonstrated experience in managing, supervising, or leading a diverse team of business and information technology professionals. Required 8 Years
Demonstrated leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key st Required 8 Years
Experience in supporting the analysis and documentation of business needs in support of large scale, complex, commercial off-the-shelf software system Required 8 Years
Demonstrated experience in resource management Required 8 Years
This PM will be hired to assist the current PM with managing current projects; assigned another projects to work on at VCCS as needed.
Will work remotely until offices reopen
The Virginia Community College System (VCCS) is a group of experienced and highly motivated individuals in a community-friendly work environment supporting our important public service mission and our Strategic Plan, Complete 2021. We educate 225,000 credit students annually and over 150,000 non-credit students at 23 Community Colleges with over 40 campus locations. Our mission is to provide comprehensive higher education and workforce training programs and services of superior quality that are financially and geographically accessible and that meet the individual, business, and community needs of the Commonwealth. The VCCS aims to become a model institution for diversity and invites multicultural professionals from all backgrounds to contribute to its aspiration for building an inclusive community where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. If you are looking for a new challenge and like a high-energy environment making a difference in people’s lives, then you’ll love working with Virginia’s Community Colleges.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The VCCS Project Management Office (PMO) seeks a strong Project Manager to assist the current Project Mgr with the Student Information System (SIS) upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2 and will be assigned other projects as needed.
MUST HAVE: Active PMP cert to be considered
This resource will also be assigned to manage other VCCS projects. As time permits this resource may also be asked to assist who are primary on other VCCS implementation projects and to assist the PMO with updating PM standards, guidelines, and procedures. Other current VCCS projects in active or near active status include implementation of Chatbots and a Room Scheduler.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Design and apply an appropriate framework for managing the SIS project and any other project assigned (using relevant VCCS and industry project standards).
• Manage the production of required project deliverables.
• Plan, monitor and maintain a project management plan, inclusive of: charter, budget, schedule, communications, issues, risks (including development of contingency plans), resources, and quality assurance.
• Liaison with the PMO and related projects to ensure that work is not overlooked or duplicated, and that SIS project impacts are communicated across other impacted projects and operations.
• Manage overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
• Manage change control and configuration management.
• Report through agreed reporting lines on project progress. Liaison with PMO to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project is traceable to organizational goals. Provide weekly project status reports.
• Manage project administration.
• Prepare a Lessons Learned report and organizational tie-in.
• Prepare a transition plan at project close, to include any follow-on action recommendations as required.
REQUIRED / Base requirements include:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; or combination of relevant education and experience that provide the required level of knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the functions of the job requirements.
• 8 years of demonstrated, extensive IT project management experience, and substantial knowledge of PMI project management methodologies; a PMP is required.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of ERP, security, and other enterprise data systems, to include considerable experience managing and supervising functional and IT professionals and demonstrate impeccable project management skills.
• The Project Manager must possess the confidence to make decisions and take action without management input, but should also have judgment to seek management input as needed.
• The Project Manager will be an effective communicator and motivator.
• Demonstrated experience in managing, supervising, or leading a diverse team of business and information technology professionals.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in vendor and contract management, including budget management.
• Demonstrated experience in resource management.
• Experience in supporting the analysis and documentation of business needs in support of large scale, complex, commercial off-the-shelf software systems to meet those business needs.
• Proven track record of motivating highly skilled functional and technical staff to work together as a team and accomplish complicated tasks.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
• PeopleSoft Financial Management: Accounts Payable, Budgeting/Commitment Control, General Ledger, Purchasing and Asset Management, PeopleSoft Human Resource Management: Absence Management, Benefits, Human Resources, Payroll, Time and Labor, and/or Campus Solutions: Academic Advising, Academic Records, Admissions, Campus Community, Financial Aid, Student Records, Student Finance.
• Considerable working experience in a higher education setting.
• Agile or Scrum certified (PCAS, PMI-ACP®, PSM)
• Experience using Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) tools.
• Prior experience with process improvement methodologies including ITIL.
The VCCS System Office is located in the beautiful Arboretum Business Park off of Midlothian Turnpike in southwest of Richmond.