Job ID: MI-595244 (914990528)
Infrastructure PM (PMP/ITIL) with Clarity, MS Project, agile and networking/telecom experience
Location: Lansing MI (DTMB EPMO)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: In-person or webcam
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience
Project Management experience with Network and Telecom projects and progams Required 5 Years
ITIL Certification Highly desired 5 Years
Project Management experience with IT Infrastructure Technology Required 7 Years
Project and Portfolio Management System (Clarity, Microsoft Project, etc) Required 7 Years
PMP Certification Highly desired 5 Years
Agile Highly desired 2 Years
Understanding of Network and Telecom technology ( Certification preferred) Highly desired 5 Years
Minimum 10 years of experience as a Program and Project Manager.
This position is for a senior experienced Program manager to lead Information Technology (IT) program and related projects supporting DTMB – Chief Technology Officer (CTO) organization. Projects/programs are primarily complex enterprise initiatives related to I T Infrastructure and Security as prioritized by State.
Program manager’s role and responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
• Managing various projects and program related to Network and Telecom for State wide Implementation.
• Provide Enterprise program and project management services for project activities to ensure that the program and related projects are completed on time, within budget and within scope.
• Thorough understanding of IT Infrastructure Technology and a good understanding of industry standard processes related to I T Infrastructure.
• Define program/project scope, duration, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
• Provide project management for project scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
• Follow the State Unified Information Technology Environment (SUITE) Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM), based on Industry standard PMI framework and SEI’s CMMI framework.
• Utilize the State’s Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool (Clarity) on all projects.
• Plans and coordinates work with teams. Designs and implements project plans. Generally work with other IT managers and IT technical teams. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Acts as a program manager for large complex enterprise IT Security initiatives.
• Acts as a partner to other project managers performing Project Management Quality Assurance for their projects.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
• Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
• Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives.