Job ID: WA-UW-18-0001 (915090412)1P
Healthcare Program Director/PM (RPh/MD/RN/MHA/MBA) with hospital/healthcare revenue cycle and education experience
Location: Seattle WA (University of Washington)
Duration: 25+ months
References: 3 (written by customer)
Positions: 1 (1/n)
Interview: In-person ONLY
UW is seeking a Candidate with the verifiable success in leading enterprise clinical transformation initiatives. The Consulant must provide at least three (3) written statements from customer references describing the Candidate’s performance in the relevant experiences described in Subsection 3.2. Additionally, identify the name, job title, mailing address, email address and phone number of the customer for each of the three references. Do not include references from UW Medicine IT Services.
Minimum qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Health Administration or related degree.
• Ten years of progressive IT management experience or a combination of education and experience in an IT environment, preferably in a professional services/consulting organization.
• Knowledge and experience in program management methodology and techniques.
• Experience with oversight of multiple simultaneous complex projects.
• Proven ability to communicate, collaborate and consult effectively with all levels of an organization, including physicians, in a matrixed environment.
• Understanding of healthcare industry information technology service delivery processes, preferably in a multi-facility health system.
• Demonstrated experience implementing enterprise systems within a healthcare environment in a Program Director role or equivalent.
• Proven ability to quickly build partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders by leveraging strong collaboration, influencing and persuasive skills and successfully translate technical language.
• Familiar with hospital/healthcare revenue cycle.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to work across complex organizational structures
• Experience working in a constantly changing environment with ambiguity and productively helping teams manage change.
• Healthcare certifications or credentials (RPh, MD, RN, MHA, MBA) a plus.
The scope of work to be completed by the consultant includes:
• Under the direction of an executive governing committee, position has broad responsibility to provide organizational leadership for all phases of the project
• Lead and manage a large, multi-functional and cross-entity project team
• Provide oversight for pre-project planning efforts including governance, budgeting, program/project structure, resource management,
• Develop key execution strategies, communicate those strategies and ensure alignment
• Meet with key clinical leaders to share information, coordinate activities and further obtain organizational buy-in
• Work with the UW Medicine IT PMO to arrange for the logistics of executing a project of this scale
• Meet on a regular basis with the governing committee and project leadership teams, to provide project status, discuss risks, issues and needed actions
• Anticipate, mitigate and manage project risks and partner with the 3rd party QA consultant
• Act as a point of escalation for project issues