Job ID: NC-663772 (99890929)
Healthcare Product Manager with CMS Seven Standards, Medicaid, MS Project/Access, BA, PM, agile, cloud, HIPAA, PII, Managed Care, MITA and Medicaid experience
Location: Raleigh NC (NCDHHS)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Webcam only
Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience:
Leadership experience managing a team of Program, Project, Finance, and Scheduling Managers Required 7 Years
Experience working in a mature and sophisticated portfolio management organization. Required 3 Years
Experience transforming a program from traditional ‘waterfall’ methodology to ‘agile’. Required 3 Years
Knowledge of Enterprise IT Systems, system integration principles, and associated change management best practices. Required 7 Years
ITIL Foundations certification. Required 1 Years
Experience standing up program schedule, finance, and risk management processes, including tools, in a large complex program. Required 5 Years
Scrum and/or SAFe certification. Required 1 Years
Has an understanding of CMS’ Seven Standards and Conditions and the Medicaid program Nice to have 3 Years
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, function in a fast-paced moving constantly changing, deadline driven environment Required 7 Years
Proficient use of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, ITSM, and ITBM portfolio management capabilities. Required 3 Years
Skills in persuasion, negotiation, relationship management, conflict resolution, and effective oral and written communication at all levels Required 7 Years
Proven track record of launching successful user-focused products preferably in the enterprise, analytics or healthcare space. Required 7 Years
Previous experience creating business use cases, requirements, and process maps/data flows. Required 7 Years
Experience working in a combination of business analysis, product management, project management and/or software application development. Required 7 Years
Excellent communication skills and attention to detail with specific experience developing, editing, and presenting summaries, reports, and complex in Required 7 Years
Proven experience and working knowledge of agile development methodologies, environment and tools. Required 7 Years
Experience using or implementing Cloud technologies IaaS, PaaS, SaaS. Highly desired 7 Years
Medicaid Program knowledge or related HealthCare Information System experience Highly desired 7 Years
Experience handling HIPAA and PII data. Highly desired 7 Years
7+ years of experience in project and program management in a healthcare or government setting Highly desired 7 Years
Managed Care knowledge or experience Highly desired 7 Years
MITA knowledge or experience Highly desired 7 Years
NOTE: This role is 100% remote and candidates across the US are welcome to apply.
The Portfolio Manager (PfM) will lead a team of schedulers, risk analysts, and a finance management team ensure the program is able to at any point understand program progress, key risks, and expected delivery dates for products in line with the target dates established by Medicaid and our business partners. The role is not just a team leadership position, but also requires experience in standing up portfolio management functions using sophisticated tools and mature processes. The portfolio management functions in scope for the team that this position include: Program Schedule Management, Program Finance Management, Program Risk and Issue Management, Program Governance and Change Management, Program Communications, and Program Benefits.
Additionally, this program is shifting from traditional ‘waterfall’ methodology to ‘agile’ methodology, ideally Scrum or SAFe. We are seeking a candidate with experience leading such a transformation.
One of the first critical activities of this role, once engaged, will be to define the Portfolio Management strategy, vision, and the Portfolio Management operating model for the program including processes; define a portfolio management tools roadmap of portfolio management functions to be implemented, and lead the implementation with technical counterparts; lead a team including schedulers (currently working in Microsoft Project Server), and financial analysts; and establish and drive a portfolio management capabilities maturity roadmap which will plot the advancement of program maturity over time.
This position represents the PMO with a large, complex and growing list of external stakeholders to ensure delivery of relevant and impactful software and solutions, so communications and collaboration are considered critical to the successful performance of this role. This position will interact with the NC Medicaid Program Leadership, the Medicaid Business Information Analytics Office, DHHS Data Office, Information Technology Division, Privacy and Security Office, Policy Office, General Counsel, Office of Procurement, Contracts and Grants, among many others. This role is also responsible for working with program staff and management to ensure that all aspects of deliverables adhere to and are aligned with state and federal program expectations.
• Leads and direct cross-functional activities that provide effective oversight of Medicaid Programs.
• Manages direct and hybrid reporting relationships and staff, sets priorities, establishes accountabilities, and defines roles/responsibilities to secure necessary resources not under direct supervision, while maintaining peak levels of performance and compliance.
• Collaborates and develops workgroups around product deliverables with Product Owners, Business Leads, Technical Leads and Management.
• Reviews product history and lessons learned from design validation sources, and current production data to identify and drive preventive measures and ensure optimal quality of each project as it is implemented.
• Supports the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Information Technology Systems certification exercise which is heavily reliant on Medicaid Information Technical Architecture (MITA) compliance for deployed IT systems.
• Conducts gap analyses of the As-Is operations and To-Be environments to identify appropriate actions needed to reach target maturity levels and may develop the technical documentation for compliance with the CMS Seven Standards and Conditions.
• Provides day-to-day technical advice to the team members and strategic advice as requested.
• Interfaces with DHHS Leadership, Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to provide recommendations.
IT Portfolio Management
• Uses in-depth knowledge and understanding of portfolio management best practices across functions and business segments in healthcare to meet departmental goals for business and technology systems.
• Directs the conception, development and implementation of portfolio management initiatives, including establishing financial and scheduling management practices and processes, and maturing these processes.
• Applies expert understanding of risk and issue management best practices to complex portfolio environment, establishing a sophisticated risk and issue management capability and processes that align to business and other stakeholder expectations. Leads the risk and issue management team.
• Establishes portfolio Master Integration Schedule (MIS) best practices and processes based on expert experience standing up an MIS and program schedule management processes.
• Drives accuracy and efficiency into the program life cycle and participate in issue diagnostics, identification and resolution.
• Ensures all program and portfolio management policies and practices comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Communication, Team Development & Supervision
• Communicates project goals and timelines, next steps and results to team members, project managers and the executive team.
• Provides feedback and input to senior level decision-makers to develop short and long-range strategic alternatives for product solutions.
• Determines customer needs, leads discovery and translates data into detailed and actionable requirements
• Provides in-person, teleconference, or virtual meetings/trainings on product knowledge, usage and implementation.
• Participates in selection, management, guidance, and training of project staff for assigned initiatives.
• Demonstrates experience in utilizing tactical thinking/decision making skills as well as strategic thinking
• Mentors and develops project team members.
• Demonstrates experience of continuing education training, activity development and evaluation
• Provides direction on work activities in accordance with organization goals; monitoring the work of team members to ensure timely, cost-effective completion of work.
• Identifies required skill sets by role and development of a skills list for the team. Creates and maintains a resource plan document that forecasts and plans resource needs for the team and communicating the resource plan to management.
• Provides the team with constructive feedback as it pertains to performance; developing and fostering an effective team; and encouraging leadership and professional growth in team members as appropriate.
• Develops and maintaining a productive working relationship with external entities, project sponsors, and vendors
• Supervises and evaluating subordinate staff; motivating team members and facilitating team meetings, identifying and analyzing problems, plans, tasks, and solutions; monitoring team budget (if applicable) and ensuring proper use of assets.
• Ensures clients and vendors and internal resources are on-track with their requirements so the project plans remain on-track.