Job ID: TX-52908073 (912191002)
Healthcare PM with Data Analytics, DW/BI/SOA/Java, MS Project/Visio, agile and CMS/Medicaid/Medicare experience
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 12 months
10 IT project management experience.
10 Work experience in the information technology industry with at least 5 years of experience involvement in data management solutions (i.e., data warehouses, data lakes, etc.), data analytics/business intelligence, web-based (J2EE) development, or SOA-related projects.
5 Experience in project management that entail demonstration of:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience in developing clear, concise project documentation.
• Team management through team meetings, task assignment, mentoring, facilitation and training.
• Progress monitoring to plan through effective use of risk management practices.
• Keep leadership updated on project issues and progress.
• Effectively manage resources in a mixed functional and matrixed project environment.
• Expert problem resolution skills.
• Complete experience with the project management lifecycle (PMLC)
• The ability to develop, document and execute project management plans, work plans and quality plans.
Involved in the full lifecycle from analysis and planning to development and deployment.
5 Successfully management of projects with minimum multi-year budgets of at least $10 million.
5 Experience with MS Project, MS Office, Visio, and status reporting tools.
2 Experience as a Project Manager for an agile development project.
1+ Prior experience in the Healthcare Industry.
1+ Work experience managing multi-agency or multi-IT department initiatives
1+ Work experience within a Health and Human Services agency.
1+ Prior experience with the Texas DIR Project Delivery Framework
1+ Developing Federal Funding Requests, preferably Implementation Advanced Planning Documents for the US Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
HHSC IT is currently implementing a Performance Management visualization portal pilot and in the planning stage of an HHS Performance Management and Data Analytics system with a goal to accomplish the following:
• Development and publication of project management documents and deliverables in compliance with DIR Framework directives;
• Conduct an in-house assessment of HHS data analytics and reporting needs.
• Creation of statements of work that clearly define the services and deliverables required of a vendor in support of the implementation of the data and analytics solution;
• Implementation of HHS performance management dashboards in alignment with executive leadership’s goals and objectives.
• Obtainment of matching federal funds for this initiative through the development of federally approved IAPD(s);
• Support and enhancement of the HHS Performance Measurement Dashboard (PMD).
The Project Manager selected for this position will need to be a highly skilled Project Manager with considerable experience on high-priority projects that span multiple divisions and agencies. The Project manager will be responsible for tracking and reporting all aspects of the project.
High-level responsibilities may include:
• Creation of project management deliverables necessary for this project.
• Bringing the project in to compliance with state and Federal project management and budget coordination.
• Risk identification and coordination of resolution with project leadership.
• Establishing timeline and resource requirements for successful execution of the project. Coordination with key stakeholders and sponsors to obtain approvals.
• Working with various IT and business stakeholder areas to ensure that project deliverables are compliant with state, federal, and other applicable agency standards.
• Stakeholder communications, including project team meetings, management team meetings, and steering committee meetings. This includes preparation and presentation of materials and follow-up on all resulting action items.
• Preparations and approval routing of all internal and external project status/monitoring reports, cost allocation reports, etc..
• Establishing and maintaining a strategic roadmap for the project in coordination with all divisions of HHS and federal stakeholders.
• Conducting procurement exercises as necessary to acquire vendor for project related activities.
• All other duties as assigned.