Job ID: TX-53700ITC656R (99690912)
Healthcare PM/Scrum Master with user stories, TDD, MS Project/Visio, KPI, EVM, SPI/CPI, CPA/WBS, EIR, accessibility and agile experience
Location: Austin TX (HHSC)
Duration: 12 months
5 At least 5 years of experience in project management working on Agile development projects. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of Agile project management. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, using a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
5 Experience delivering software development projects using Agile development techniques (e.g. User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Paired Programming, Automated Testing). Run key agile ceremonies, e.g., daily huddles, backlog grooming, sprint planning and sprint retro to actively manage risks and external dependencies as well as to promote joint accountability for results and solving productivity issues.
5 Solid understanding of software development life cycle models and expert knowledge of both agile and traditional project management principles and practices, with the ability to blend those together to fit a project and business environment
5 Experience successfully leading meetings and facilitating discussions.
5 Exceptional skills Microsoft Office products, Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio, with focus on skills in Project, Word, and Visio.
2 Knowledge of information systems for public health entities
2 Experience with key performance indicators, earned value management, schedule performance index, cost performance index, critical path analysis, and development of work breakdown structures.
1 Experience with successfully delivered project using Scrum methodology in the role as Scrum Master
Strong Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups and manage multiple responsibilities.
Strong Excellent analytical, problem-solving, team playing and oral & written communication skills.
Strong Proven record of successfully implementing software application like portal/web development projects using agile methodologies
Competent Software Development Life Cycle, Texas Project Delivery Framework
5 or more Experience reporting to executive management.
1 or more Understands Electronic Information Resources (EIR) accessibility and security requirements.
1 or more Experience managing projects using commercial applications serving as health registries
The DSHS Child and Adult Blood Lead Surveillance System Efficiency project will eliminate the need for manual processing of imported data and staff manual data entry of blood lead testing data; will synchronize data between two databases and meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s requirements for lower acceptable levels of lead exposure.
Project Manager will plan and manage this Major Information Resources Project.
• Serve as a team member, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation, and sustainability of Agile development processes, principles, and practices
• Mentor, coach, develop and encourage excellence from IT teams utilizing Agile/Scrum principles and manage sprint velocity related metrics.
• Promote empowerment of the team by ensuring that each team member is fully engaged in the project and is making a meaningful contribution
• Assist in team development and work balance while holding teams accountable for their commitments, remove obstacles to their work, and make use of organizational resources to improve capacity for project work
• Be the leader of the agile project team and drive active prioritization of the backlog and participate in release/Sprint planning ceremonies.
• Owns responsibility and provide strategic inputs for project’s actions and communications to Project Sponsors and IT governance committee(s) for accomplishment of project’s objectives.
• Completes project and its deliverables within the defined constraints of time, cost and quality.
• Ensures project operates within the Texas Department of Information Resources Texas Project Delivery Framework.
• Applies project management principles to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and closeout report.
• Develops and maintains Project Plan and other project documentation as appropriate.
• Serves as the primary point of contact for project communications and status reporting.
• Reports project progress to executives and recommends corrective action when necessary.
• Coordinates appropriate participants’ involvement in project activities.
• Ensures resources are available for project assignments to facilitate timely completion of project tasks.
• Leads Integrated Project Team and Change Control Board meetings and activities.
• Ensures identification and documentation of risks and issues. Develops strategies to mitigate.
• Ensures Disaster Recovery requirements are captured, documented, and implemented as part of solution delivery.
• Liaisons with Vendor(s) for planning, execution, control, and closure.
• Coordinates with the IT Operations management for network and desktop resources.
• Identifies potential risks, opportunities, and issues that may have an impact on the project.
• Develops and maintains project documentation.
• Reports, stores and archives project artifacts on Health and Human Service Information Technology (IT) Public Health Applications SharePoint site.
• Completes monthly status reports in Project Management & Repository System (PMRS).
• Other duties as assigned as required to complete the project.