Job ID: VA-642308 (98290104)
Healthcare PM (PMP must) with process improvement, Six Sigma, BPR and Commonwealth Technology Portfolio (CTP) experience
Location: Richmond,VA (VDH) (local candidates strongly preferred)
Duration: 12 months
Interview: Webcam Interview Only
PMP certification or VITA project management certification Required 10 Years
Experience in high risk technical projects Required 10 Years
Excellent written and verbal communication skills Required 10 Years
Excellent organizational and follow-up skills Required 10 Years
Experience managing stakeholders Required 10 Years
Must have strong knowledge of current project delivery methodologies and enterprise project portfolio management (PPM) tools Required 10 Years
Strategic thinking; ability to objectively align tactical work efforts with enterprise strategic vision Required 10 Years
Experience with VITA’s Commonwealth Technology Portfolio (CTP) Highly desired 10 Years
Process improvement, Six Sigma, or related experience a plus Desired 10 Years
General Job Description:
Under the joint direction of the Office of Information Management (OIM) and Office of Family Health Services – Division of Community Nutrition (OFHS-DCN), the Technical Project Manger will work closely with the DCN to manage, facilitate, and coordinate all project management duties and tasks for the eWIC and Crossroads projects. The scope of this engagement also includes completing all VITA project documentation related to the projects and facilitating monthly meetings with VITA. The project manager is responsible for ensuring the identified changes are designed, developed, tested, and implemented in a quality manner. This position is deeply involved in improving the consistency, predictability and efficiency of the organization project delivery capability. The Project Manger provides leadership in best practices. The Project Manger must also ensure that the operational issues are managed, focusing on the product interface with product stakeholders, product teams, contractors, technology and interface issues.
The position will require knowledge and skills associated with business analysis, risk assesments, budgeting, and project scheduling.
• Manage project operations, manage risk, budget, communications and schedule. Serve as a liaison with the vendor and business. Oversees project performance. Serve as the primary point of contact for all project communications.
• Provide guidance and leadership to the team. Build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other entities involved in the project. Plan and monitor scheduled events such as meetings, testing and production releases. Coordinate meetings with the stakeholders, team etc. periodically and also assist team members with coordination efforts related to the eWIC and Crossroads projects.
Required Experience and Skill Set:
• PMP certification or VITA project management certification
• Experience in high risk technical projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
• Experience managing stakeholders
• Must have strong knowledge of current project delivery methodologies and enterprise project portfolio management (PPM) tools
• Strategic thinking; ability to objectively align tactical work efforts with enterprise strategic vision
Preferred Experience and Skill Set:
• Experience with VITA’s Commonwealth Technology Portfolio (CTP)
• 2 plus years of experience with project staffing
• Process improvement, Six Sigma, or related experience a plus